Brisket catastrophe sorta....

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Smoked a 12 pound packer hot n fast Friday. Had friends come over to enjoy the good food. Brisket got all done let it set in cooler for 2 hours. Dinner time came and I sliced into the brisket and it was probably the best brisket I had ever made. Wife asked me to do something for her real quick. So I stopped slicing and came back to my buddy "slicing" it for me. He cut with the grain and we ended up having 12 pounds of CHOPPED!

Wow, you never leave the knife. Never leave the knife.

On edit: given the shape of a brisket, and the fact that it is easier to slice crosswise anyways, why would you choose to slice a brisket lengthwise?

As long as he didn't finger your meat, you should let him get off with a warning.

Wait...that just doesn't sound right at all....

It was nice of him to help....but knowing that he had told me a couple of hours before he has never even cooked a brisket. Why step in and act like you know what's your doing?!?

It was nice of him to help....but knowing that he had told me a couple of hours before he has never even cooked a brisket. Why step in and act like you know what's your doing?!?

68.5 Man Card turn in. Oh wait. Your in Texas! 72 hours! :caked:

A brisket is a lot of work.

Strange that he would start slicing perpendicular to the established cut......
I like to make toasted garlic bread out of French loaves, put on chopped brisket and melted cheese, Swiss or pepper jack, some au jus and bacon on top.... Awesome sandwich..... I only chop brisket when I fark it up, which happens.

Back