First Comp with pix

AzQer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
These are picturs from Saddle Sore 2008 15 teams.
Picture003.jpg
\
Stuff and Clean up section
Picture012.jpg

Just a few more
Picture024.jpg

THe Triplets
Picture029.jpg

Starting the coals
Picture037.jpg

We had a lot of fun for our first one. Sorry for not making pics smaller didnt realize till i put them here.

Dude I would be scared of snakes out there! Where were you?

I also attended this event and it was way out East Arizona down by Florence AZ. The AZBBQA.net put this one and it was included as an Arizona State Championship. The property is really nice with horse stables and several "wild West" style structures. Great place for an event.

Funny thing is at the cooks meeting it was pointed out that it is not uncommon to run into rattlers out here. It probably was too cold for them at night right now, I still left all of my lights on all night and trusted my Stoker to do it's job to advoid walking into a "friend" at night.

Nice looking set-up. But how'd you do with those drums.

I also attended this event and it was way out East Arizona down by Florence AZ. The AZBBQA.net put this one and it was included as an Arizona State Championship. The property is really nice with horse stables and several "wild West" style structures. Great place for an event.

Funny thing is at the cooks meeting it was pointed out that it is not uncommon to run into rattlers out here. It probably was too cold for them at night right now, I still left all of my lights on all night and trusted my Stoker to do it's job to advoid walking into a "friend" at night.

Man there is enough to worry about without worrying about snakes! YIKES!

Nice looking set-up. But how'd you do with those drums.

Hey Larry,

I don't remember exactly if Mark got a call, as they read out the top five in each catagory and the GC and RGC. They have not posted the complete results as of yet, so you really don't know how everyone did.

Jay and Monica of Otis and the Bird got the GC (they schooled us and actually swept all catagories) and well, My wife and I actually ended up with the RGC.

I did not place in the top 5 in chicken, but got 4th in pork, 3rd in ribs and 2nd in brisket.

Hey Larry,

I don't remember exactly if Mark got a call, as they read out the top five in each catagory and the GC and RGC. They have not posted the complete results as of yet, so you really don't know how everyone did.

Jay and Monica of Otis and the Bird got the GC (they schooled us and actually swept all catagories) and well, My wife and I actually ended up with the RGC.

I did not place in the top 5 in chicken, but got 4th in pork, 3rd in ribs and 2nd in brisket.

Congrats to you and your wife on the RGC!

Thanks, we were very excited. I was really happy with the ribs, as it was the first try using the UDS that I built after reading all 60 some pages of that thread right here.

The UDS held temp real well.

Well we are sure we didnt finish in the top 10 but we did turn in all meats on time. We also did have fun. Oh hey dont forget your wife also won the anything but catagory. Congrads to Jay and Monica and you and your wife, there were a lot of good people there, very supportive as it was our first time. As for the drums well we put our brisket in and sometime between 1 am and 4 am it spiked and our brisket got done way to soon we had to pull it 5 hours to soon. Other then that they worked awesome. all other product came out right on time.

Congrats on the first comp. Looked dusty, I don't think I've had the pleasure of competing in those conditions yet.

Congrats, always good to hear you had fun. If it wasn't fun it would be to much like work.

Back