***September Special: MASTER'S CUT*** "2017 Pork Back Rib Master!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
Our New September Special Throwdown Category is..."2017 Pork Back Ribs Master!"

11122011Ribs.jpg

MASTER'S CUT CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING:

1. Your entry must consist of Pork Back Ribs (AKA babyback ribs) as a primary feature. It can be a whole or partial rack, or any section thereof.

2. You must cook the meat using a charcoal and/or wood fired grill or smoker, or over an open wood fire.

3. Only one entry may be submitted per person.

4. You must submit one photo of your cut of meat in raw form, another one while it is on the cooker (note it does not still have to be in whole form while cooking), and one photo of your completed dish. You can submit other photos if you wish, but you must include these 3 to showcase the piece of meat, how you're cooking it, and the result. In other words, your entry will include 3 photos, not one. If you submit more than three photos, you MUST indicate which three you want used for judging. You are encouraged to post your full cook thread in QT, and link back here to this entry thread, but you MUST include these three photos in this entry thread.

Here is an example from a previous Master's Cut TD Vote thread of how entries should be submitted:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3743347&postcount=14

5. No sides are allowed. You may however dress your dish with other (edible) items to pull the dish together into one specific entree. For example, with a short rib you could make a bed of salad greens, topped with sliced short rib, and dressed with other foods. However, a short rib or short ribs with a baked potato and/or asparagus on the side is not allowed. The entree you create must stand on its own.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 9/1/17 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 10/2/17.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 10/2/17

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The winner will get exclusive rights to be called "BBQ Brethren 2017 Pork Back Rib Master", which you can feel free to add to your signature, or to proclaim to the world, or have printed on hats, or whatever the heck strikes your fancy. :biggrin1:

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
This may be a stupid question, but I can't be the only one....but is there a difference between Back ribs and Baby back ribs?

IN PROGRESS: ***September Special: MASTER'S CUT*** "2017 Pork Back Rib Master!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread)

Baby-back Ribs you say?

I couldn't just cook up some baby-back ribs. Not for the Master's Cut.

I present:

Crown Rack of Back Ribs

Yup, I went there!

Here is the cook thread:
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251995

Raw Entry Photo
ea09ed04479a120af83da5bcb0402b13.jpg

Bonus pic
a6dfb561e36cf86111ceff4d919fee7d.jpg

On the grill Entry Photo
c620330b83b70da758093613ffc6829d.jpg

Cooked Entry Photo
eed24c25a7f2dc37bdb803182e1585d0.jpg

Last edited:
My first Throwdown submission

I'm pretty sure the "Pork Crown" is going to win this thing, but I thought I'd get in on the action as a noob to the forums and to trying to make ribs look pretty.

Attachments

• IMG_2028.jpg
    IMG_2028.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_2037.jpg
    IMG_2037.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 727
  • IMG_2036.jpg
    IMG_2036.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 236
I'm pretty sure the "Pork Crown" is going to win this thing, but I thought I'd get in on the action as a noob to the forums and to trying to make ribs look pretty.

Which of the last two photos do you want used for judging, OEF5?

Per the rules:

4. You must submit one photo of your cut of meat in raw form, another one while it is on the cooker (note it does not still have to be in whole form while cooking), and one photo of your completed dish. You can submit other photos if you wish, but you must include these 3 to showcase the piece of meat, how you're cooking it, and the result. In other words, your entry will include 3 photos, not one. If you submit more than three photos, you MUST indicate which three you want used for judging. You are encouraged to post your full cook thread in QT, and link back here to this entry thread, but you MUST include these three photos in this entry thread.

I thought this TD had ended, or I would have paid more attention to process and plating shots when I started cooking some backs... Either way, this is my entry. Use the "cut ribs" shot.

***Just re-read the rules. Please ignore my entry***

Attachments

• x_112648.jpg
    x_112648.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 143
  • x_113539.jpg
    x_113539.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Last edited:
Please Read the Rules for the Master's Cut Throwdown Before Entering!

***MODERATOR'S NOTE***

Folks, PLEASE be aware the rules are a bit different in the Master's Cut Throwdowns.

As it relates to entry photos in particular:

One more time, shall we? :becky:

In other words, your entry will include 3 photos, not one. If you submit more than three photos, you MUST indicate which three you want used for judging. You are encouraged to post your full cook thread in QT, and link back here to this entry thread, but you MUST include these three photos in this entry thread.

For those of you who missed this, you can still edit your entry accordingly and make the final poll.

:thumb:

Back