Best Way to Transport Beverages

crgshum

Reaction score
What's the best way to transport bulk quantity beverages? (Water, tea, lemonade). Do you mix then transport? Or transport water then mix onsite? What do you mix or serve them in? I can't brew tea onsite, so last week I mixed in a 5-gallon bucket and transported. It's not the prettiest solution and I'm sure there's a much better option. The Cambro drink dispensers are a little out of my price range for the time being..

I'm new to the catering game, and even so it's still just a hobby. I've been cooking for several meetings (50ish ppl) for an organization I belong to, getting a feel for things, and practicing my timing and preparedness without the pressure of a paid gig by strangers.

I appreciate the help!

I don't cater but I think the Gatorade type drink dispensers (5 gallon?) would work well.

I'd definitely stay away from the 5 gal buckets again. Health department wouldnt like that, and customer wouldnt be thrilled either I'd imagine. How did you serve it, once transported in the buckets?

A beverage cooler, like Smoke Dawg said, would work well, I dont think they are very expensive or switch to bottled and use coolers. I wouldnt mix on site you may not have a good or convenient water supply every time.

Well they were the sealed Cambro clear plastic buckets. Probably not meant for liquids, but they we're available and worked in a pinch.

I have these available to borrow, and it's what I used. They look nice, but they don't seal, so I just poured the water in them and mixed when I got onsite.
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/choice-3-gallon-black-slim-beverage-juice-dispenser/176BD3BK2.html

The Gatorade jugs are handy (I have a few of those available as well) but they drip all over the floor and they stand out like a sore thumb. Would work for a picnic, but not something classier.

Something like this might have to hold me over until I can afford something nicer. I guess the dispensers I linked above probably aren't a great option for catering unless the venue has a kitchen available onsite..
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/choice-6-gallon-white-round-beverage-dispenser/176RBD6WH.html

Back