MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #1
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Default New BBQ/Grilling Store open In Lakeland, FLA.

Yea, I know, this may not exactly be the right spot to post this but I'm not really selling anything. Just wanted to get the word out that a new AllAboutGrills store opened up in Lakeland, Fl.
The wife was keeping it a secret from me becuase she knew I would have been there on a daily basis if able. Also, she didn't want me to screw up what she got me for Christmas(yes, I am Politically incoorect and celebrate it). But anyway, she bought me the New Ray Lampe Book and it was even autographed. A mop and injector. She can't keep a secret to save her life so she broke down and gave me the book yesterday and then told me about the place. After thumbing through the book, I threw on some clothes and headed down to the store.
Got there and they were grilling up Breakfast. Talked to'em for awhile and they tokd me they were planning on expanding the bussiness in the area and start working on Demo's, Seminar's, etc in the new year. It's sortof a Mom n' Pop operation there. They are an Expansion of the AAG over in Tampa, this is the AAG II store.

They have a website: www.grills2.com

They said that right now, most of their bussiness is by woprd of mouth so I wanted to help get the word out. Most og their showroom is Gas stuff, but the fella I talked to yesterday said he was looking to expand once things pick up. With some of the other things they talked about in the works, I'm sure to become a regluar and loyal customer. It's good to finally have a spot in my Neck o' the Wodds other than Wal-Mart, Lowe's or Home Depot to be able to get stuff from.

Sorry for the long winded post but hell, I'm excited about this.

JTMcD...

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians
JohnMcD348 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2005, 09:41 AM   #2
qman
Babbling Farker

Hey, JTMcD. Thanks for the heads up. I am going to have to ramble over there one day real soon and check them out.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:49 AM   #3
Kevin
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Ray's book is an interesting read.

Old 12-11-2005, 09:58 AM   #4
qman
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin
Yes it is. I think I said this before, but the discussion about books here a while back made me go out and buy Ray's book, and Mike Mills "Peace, Love, and Barbecue". Both are great reads, Ray's has more for me on a practical level.

Old 12-11-2005, 11:18 AM   #5
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

If your wife would have told you about it a couple weeks ago you could have joined us for the grand opening. We had a few grills going, I cooked everything from swordfish to Spam to grilled bananas on the Big Green Egg.
I'm sure I'll be there regularly during the winter, since I live in North Lakeland.

Glad you guys like the book.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #6
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin

Yea, I keep hoping that since he lives around the area that I'll run into him in a store somewhere. They had a big writeup about him a few months ago in the local paper telling about him and why he moved to the area. Can't wait untill I here about one of his classes.
I hold no hopes or dreams of being a professional contest winner, I just want to BBQ good enough for me to like it. Everyone else seems satisfied with the results but I still think I have a long ways to go to get there.

JTMcD.

We sleep peaceful in our beds because Rough Men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm.......G. Orwell

Brinkman Smoke King Deluxe, The Famous StudeDera, Weber Smokey Joe Gold and Platinum, Brinkman Professional Grill, Brinkman ECB and 2 Weber Smoky Mountians

Old 12-11-2005, 12:19 PM   #7
qman
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348
I hold no hopes or dreams of being a professional contest winner, I just want to BBQ good enough for me to like it. Everyone else seems satisfied with the results but I still think I have a long ways to go to get there.

JTMcD.

Get ready for a long, happy, and fruitful ride, JT. I saw in the cooler thread you said you are 35. My two sons are 33 and 37, they both are into que, but do not have much time right now to devote. I started learning how to do que when I was 12 years old [that would have been in 1955] and I am still not completely satisfied with my results--I learn every time I cook. This forum is a fantastic place to share and learn.

As that famous philosopher said "Live long, que a lot, and Prosper"

Old 12-11-2005, 12:26 PM   #8
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

I'm not very hard to find. You could have run into me at Wal-Mart just this morning, or occasionally at Molly McHugh's.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2005, 12:44 PM   #9
JohnMcD348
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbbq
I'm not very hard to find. You could have run into me at Wal-Mart just this morning, or occasionally at Molly McHugh's.

I haven't been to Molly's in a long time. Pretty much whenever I get in that area, it's to eat at Harry's. Took the wife to Molly's back before the statewide smoking ban and they moved the food out..

I'm a South Lakeland Boy here. Unfortunately, with my work schedule at teh hospital, I don't get out much.

JTMcD.