MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-06-2017, 03:55 PM   #1
willsands
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : willsands
Default The Hunsaker wait is over

The Saker finally arrived. Mr. Mark at the factory loaded it on a freight truck with instructions on where to unload it. That was last Monday. Near as I can tell, the driver got to the end of the hard road and asked old Jake Hatfield how to get to my place. Ole Jake saw that the driver was a bit nervous and offered to take over the delivery for $20. The driver put the twenty in Jake’s hand real quick and told him he didn’t want to hear any banjos anyway. Jake counted that as his lucky day ‘cause he already had a wagon load of corn and some 50 pound sacks of sugar to deliver up the holler past my place. Jakes span of mules, Ozzie and Harriet, wins the pullin’ contest at the county fair every year, so they didn’t even notice a little extra weight on the wagon. That Saker’s settin’ on my back porch now.
Tomorrow I’m going to see if I can trade my neighbor that cardboard box that the cooker came in for a chicken. The neighbor always can use good dry cardboard to side up his henhouse. Then, I’ll have to go on to McCoy’s general store and see if they got canned oil to season this new pit. They probably don’t have all that fancy stuff, but they’ll have plenty of WD-40.
I’ll try to get to cookin’ this weekend. I think the Saker is big enough to cook a chicken and a possum at the same time, if I can catch one. Have to be careful with the smokin’ wood I use though, ‘cause the sheriff will be showin’ up if one of his buddies reports seein’ a little smoke comin’ out of the holler. The sheriff likes to be a silent partner in any cookin’ operation that’s done in these woods.
When I get this new cooker going, I’d like to try one of them fancy things with the burnt ends that everybody seems to like so well. I think I can burn the middle too if that’s what’s so good.
Now, afore you accuse me of being reckless with the truth, let me say that when I get to sampling what them other fellers are cooking in the woods, I get a little confused. There is one thing for sure however. I did take delivery of a very nice shiny black Hunsaker smoker today.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #2
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

Love it. You have a talent my friend...you can spin a tale.

Now let's hope you can cook too. Just in case that part isn't a tale....stay away from the WD40. Better off to use bacon grease....I'm sure you have some of that around the holler...
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-06-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
JS-TX
is Blowin Smoke!

Sounds like you know what you are doing... carry on!

Congrats on the smoker too!
JS-TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #4
KevinJ
somebody shut me the fark up.

I hope you enjoy that Saker as much as I do mine.
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2017, 04:26 PM   #5
willsands

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS-TX View Post
Sounds like you know what you are doing... carry on!

Congrats on the smoker too!
Thanks JS-TX. I do like to "carry on" a bit.

Old 10-06-2017, 04:33 PM   #6
willsands

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJ View Post
I hope you enjoy that Saker as much as I do mine.
Thanks Kevin. When I received the Saker today, the stirrup handle on the back of the smoker was bent up in transit. I called Mark and he requested a picture to make sure what the damage is. I sent pictures and he put the replacement parts in the mail today. Having a new smoker to experiment with is good. Having a new smoker from a company who stands behind their products and appreciates their customers is even better.

Old 10-06-2017, 05:20 PM   #7
Bob C Cue
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Congrats on the HunSako! Is it possible Ole Jake had something to do with the damage.? LOL!
Thermapen Classic
Thermoworks Smoke

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast
Bob C Cue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2017, 05:33 PM   #8
willsands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob C Cue View Post
Congrats on the HunSako! Is it possible Ole Jake had something to do with the damage.? LOL!
Nah, Jake is like Mr. Mark at the factory. He takes pride in what he does. He's never busted a sack of sugar or broke a Mason jar.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:26 PM   #9
bucko
is one Smokin' Farker

Boy she sure is purdy paw can we keep her lol
bucko is offline   Reply With Quote