• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mini UDS?

4dueces

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
A buddy of mine dropped this off tonight, have no idea why. He thought I needed it. I'll need some help and directions as far as rack placement and air intakes, please. I'm not sure the gallon size, it was a grease barrel with a liner in it, so the inside is clean.

Phu,I know you have a mini, so I'd appreciate any help you can offer. And I'm open for graphics suggestions.
Mini.jpg

Mini2.jpg

Sorry the last pic is blurry.

Fitz, that looks like a 35 gallon grease drum. If you're real lucky it will be 18.5 inch diameter.

Yeah...try to make a drum that's Ugly for once! :wink:

I just went by feel and just looked at the Large UDS for example.
The only "big" difference between te Large UDS and small UDS is that the holes of the air intake are slightly smaller.

I just scored an open 35 gallon drum and am pondering the need for another UDS???

I think my mini is shorter than the mini's out here on the Brethren though.
As you can see in the pics they all look the same...all of them with dual grates as well.
Working with them is also the same.
If you want I can do some measuring but with your skills I don't think it's needed.:thumb:

IMG_2576.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

Im finding these mini drums much harder to locate. Grainger and my local drum suppluer want $65. Considering that is about what i have into my full size UDS i doubt im going to pay retail. Where is a good place to start looking? I was thinking maybe a heavy equipment mechanic. Hydraulic oil or gear oil i believe comes in these 16 gallon drums. Thanks for any help.

I paid $20 for mine brand new.

I'd check a truck shop for a lube or bearing grease barrel, I made one for a friend and have another for a Smoker Joe project and they were freebies.

Back