PigFest 2011, Lakeland, FL

Q

Qing

Anyone headed to Lakeland this week for the Pig-Fest on the 28th & 29th? Entering in the pro or backyard?

We'll be there. Still looking for an F250 or equivalent for getting to the site. My truck won't be ready for a couple of weeks. Anybody who can tow my trailer about 25 miles on Thursday afternoon and/or Sunday morning please contact me.

Has the makings for a great time. Swamp Boys - great set up - you guys stand out even in every crowd. Keep the eggs smoking Ray!

After all the storms and tornado warnings yesterday it is looking pretty nice for the weekend. Looks like another incredibly talented group of cookers again this year.

Anyone heading to Smoke on the Water in Winter Haven, Fl the week after Pigfest? We will be there in the backyard division trying to work on our techniques.

Is this a good contest for spectators/parents to see?
I was thinking of driving up to Lakeland for the day.
Would you recommend fri evening or sat?
Thanks,
jon

They typically will have 30,000-50,000 people come through between Friday open and Saturday close. Friday night is a lot of fun, but a bit wilder. Saturday is RatedG/PG13 and there should be lots to do. Leggoland FL is sponsoring the kids play area.

We will be there as always!

In regards to a spectator event, I would recommend Saturday. Friday night is usually a little wild. If you are wanting to see the real cooking, it will be on Saturday morning.

Jealousy has officially set in as I sit at work and look out the window and see 4-6 inches of snow on the ground. Good luck to all, have fun and safe travels! Cheers!

Jon

Folks should be turning in Chicken right about now, assuming that turn-ins are running on the standard schedule, that is!

Back