New Cleaver Handle

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Added a new wood handle to my $5 bargain bin cleaver. First had to drill out the brass rivets, remove the handles and clean the metal where the old handles were. Then formed new handles from a piece of curly maple. Sanded the chit out of it. Used walnut dowels instead of rivets.

Looks pretty nice once its done. Found another used knife for $2 that I'm putting a new handle on next. Got another small piece of curly maple that matches the cleaver.

Attachments

• knivehandles 002 (Medium).jpg
    knivehandles 002 (Medium).jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 98
  • knivehandles 005 (Medium).jpg
    knivehandles 005 (Medium).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 98
  • knivehandles 009 (Medium).jpg
    knivehandles 009 (Medium).jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 98
Looks great! Do you think the walnut dowels will hold under extreme wacking vs. rivets?

You tell me, Extreme Wacker!

Seriously, I'm on a woodworking forum and that's what others have used. If I ever have problems, I can drill them out and replace with riviets.

Plowboy said:
You tell me, Extreme Wacker!

Seriously, I'm on a woodworking forum and that's what others have used. If I ever have problems, I can drill them out and replace with riviets.

Just wondering, though I like my new nickname. I knew my study of victoria secret catalogs would eventually pay off!

Extreme Wacker, the purveyor of liquid flavor enhancement, squirrel trainer. Quite a resume.

Handles look great Plowboy.

Nice looking plus if you run out of smoking wood just throw the cleaver on the fire. Brilliant

my woodworking is restricted (stunted) to making smaller chunks of smoking wood from larger ones. 'number of fingers' mod ?

Good job on the handles!

Good lookin' wood!!! did I just say that?:shock:

Back