Show your BBQ Area

OK, I still have to build the small side and rear pony walls, but I finished the roofing and put up a corny roping steer hear on the fascia this last weekend. Smoking some turkey breast right now. I will take some action shots this weekend when I have three grills smoking ribs and butts for our block party. Nothing fancy, just simple, covered cooking area. Next is power and lighting.

almost.jpg

OK, I still have to build the small side and rear pony walls, but I finished the roofing and put up a corny roping steer hear on the fascia this last weekend. Smoking some turkey breast right now. I will take some action shots this weekend when I have three grills smoking ribs and butts for our block party. Nothing fancy, just simple, covered cooking area. Next is power and lighting.

almost.jpg

Looking Good, thats the nice thing about having this much done, you can add as you go.

My BBQ area is quite humble. Its on a covered very narrow porch along the back side of the house...

20110819_Porch_0489.JPG

We bought some block to build a 12x12 patio off this side of the porch but we haven't started on that project yet...

20110819_Porch_0490.JPG

I don't have enough room out here to keep the WSM 18.5 so I had to move it inside the storage building. It's humble but its a good place to make Q.

My BBQ area is quite humble. Its on a covered very narrow porch along the back side of the house...

20110819_Porch_0489.JPG

We bought some block to build a 12x12 patio off this side of the porch but we haven't started on that project yet...

20110819_Porch_0490.JPG

I don't have enough room out here to keep the WSM 18.5 so I had to move it inside the storage building. It's humble but its a good place to make Q.

Actually looks like a good setup if a little cozy. At least you got shade. :p

Life happened to my plans, so I'm not sure what I'm doing or when it'll get done.

Actually looks like a good setup if a little cozy. At least you got shade. :p

Life happened to my plans, so I'm not sure what I'm doing or when it'll get done.

Well, shade is actually a pretty big problem right there. That side of the house faces due west and there are no big trees in the side yard, so the blazing sun pounds that side of the house in the summer time.

I did some updates to my Q area, put in some removable plexiglass windows, better lighting and added a new XL Egg and table, newtork cable and boarded up the back.
I am preparing for winter and trying to leave some good ventilation and still block most of the wind and snow. I may have to make some tweaks as old man winter blows in.

BBQ.jpg

Wow I'm just a babe in the woods compared to some of these setups? My WSM gets put into the shed when not in use, otherwise it sits on the deck near the fire pit when in use.

HAHAH... nice kid's sled at a bar. is that for the adults after they've had a few... I can see it now

"Hey man! Check this out!"

Alright I know you guys have seen plenty of my project but I ordered some string lights and put them up today. Got some evening to dark photos with a side of rain.

dsc01347.jpg

dsc01348.jpg

HAHAH... nice kid's sled at a bar. is that for the adults after they've had a few... I can see it now

"Hey man! Check this out!"

Yeah I knew that would get some comments. That's my little girls slide it was sitting there out of the rain. I've only went down it once... ok twice

6408709367_db6262e43f_z.jpg

Here's my little area, ignore the super dusty Smokey Joe and the in-refurb Performer. Got that party cart at Sam's Club last night for $30 bucks! Weber Platinum is in the shed

Back