not ideal conditions for smoking turkeys

Mark

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This Afternoon: Partly cloudy, with a high near 59. Breezy, with a west wind between 17 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 33. Northwest wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Thanksgiving Day: Partly cloudy, with a temperature falling to around 32 by 5pm. North wind between 11 and 17 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ifps/MapCli...at=39.047917&blat=38.232917&map.x=70&map.y=81

Same here. Gonna move the cooker around to the south side of the house and build a plywood wind break after work this afternoon.

Sounds like a Thanksgiving one year when I was out there freezing my a$$ off.

Don't forget - a smoker is a source of heat! <wink>

Good luck. Block that wind.

Heck, that ain't nothing. Its 28 out right now with winds blowing about 15-20 and its snowing sideways. Black ice all over the roads, glad I'm not making any long trips tonight or tomorrow.
Gonna fire the WSM up at about 5am, the low tonights supposed to be around 19.

blank.gif
Tomorrow's forecast for San Antonio:

30.gif

Partly CloudyHigh
84° F

blank.gif
Precip: 0%
blank.gif

blank.gif
Intervals of clouds and sunshine. Warm. High 84F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Today in KC: Sunny and mid 60's but breezy (10-15 mph)

Tomorrow: Cloudy, cold. High in mid 40's BUT winds are lighter (5-10 mph)

I'll take the lighter winds tomorrow morning!!

Forcast for my area of the country for Thursday:

Hi of 71 and a low of 52. Sunny.

Happy Thanksgiving

My forecast for Oilville, VA:

Tonight: Rain likely and possibly mixed with snow before midnight, then a chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low near 35. Southwest wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Thanksgiving Day: Partly cloudy, with a high around 53. Breezy, with a west wind between 13 and 21 mph.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 19. West wind between 7 and 14 mph.

I stocked up on Amoretta and beer today. Im thinking that will be on tap for the next 36 hours.

Gonna be about 70-73 in the kitchen in Fredericksburg tomorrow. After my bride puts the bird in the oven at 325 degrees for a few hrs, may have to open the kitchen window about 4 inches. Not knocking you guys that will be up at 5am, fighting the elements, just glad that our tradition here in Va is an oven cooked bird with too many trimmings and lots of family and brewskis.Here's thinkin of you all, hoping for your best bird ever, but as for me, I will enjoy my wifes smile knowing she has done another masterpiece in the kitchen with loads of gravy and leftover bird for sanmiches on Friday.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my brothers in smoke.

Rick

Breezy today but I had Mexican for lunch. 78* tomorrow clear blue. Got to break out the sandals and brown socks.

herees where Chad chimes in.

80 degrees sunny with a breeze off the ocean, Tonight 70s winds 2-3mph, tomorrow
80 degrees sunny with a breeze off the ocean, Tonight 70s winds 2-3mph, tomorrow

38 here, no wind, but i still want to move. :evil:

heh

brdbbq said:
Breezy today but I had Mexican for lunch. 78* tomorrow clear blue. Got to break out the sandals and brown socks.

um... yikes... and it is supposed to be 80 here tomorrow as well... damn nice day for a beer and a day tending fire...

Hey Phil... you're still welcome to come to Missouri and become a MoFo (ain't that just life's dream?)

Thanksgiving Morning at 5:00 AM in Pittsburgh, PA.
Cloudy with 1 to 2 inches of snow predicted.
Breezy with highs in the lower 30s (currently 32) and temps falling into the 20s this afternoon. West winds 20-25 with gusts up to 40MPH.
Wind chill factor in the single digits.

But we are SMOKIN!!!

Current conditions:
16 degrees, high today of 23
wind NNW @ 18mph with gusts to 32
Goin out to light the fire now.

But we are SMOKIN too!!!

Currently the feel like is 38* bu tthe highj will be 72* I might have to put shorts on when I fry the three birds. Come 3PM have to watych Dallas have there ass handed to them. Be there or Be Square

The damn wind is blowing pretty hard, the wind chill is 4 right now and we got almost 2 inches of snow last night. I'm sneaking home from work in 10 mins to fire up the WSM. Think this will be a good test to see how the temps hold.
Oh, and for the record, don't have to lug a cooler around to keep the beer cold, just threw the case out onto the deck, hope it doesn't freeze!
Scott

colt45 said:
um... yikes... and it is supposed to be 80 here tomorrow as well... damn nice day for a beer and a day tending fire...

Don't forget the football !! Sweet Blue, a good brew, good eats. football and Texas. It don't get no better than that.

sfisch said:
The damn wind is blowing pretty hard, the wind chill is 4 right now and we got almost 2 inches of snow last night. I'm sneaking home from work in 10 mins to fire up the WSM. Think this will be a good test to see how the temps hold.
Oh, and for the record, don't have to lug a cooler around to keep the beer cold, just threw the case out onto the deck, hope it doesn't freeze!
Scott

Good to see another who isn't afraid to Q in the cold, wind, and snow. This is normal winter Q weather fo us MIFO's!!! Right now it is 21*F with a wind chill factor of +3*. Wind is 28mph out of NNW with gusts up to 55mph! The turkey went on the Weber Performer at 6:00 this morning and the fatties and ham went in the 'dera at the same time. Nu-temp just went off so I need to go add more wood to the 'dera.

Back