Free Weber OTG Score

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
Saw this grill laying in someones back yard going to waste. I asked what he was going to do with it. He said I could have it for FREE. :clap2:
It had a 1/2" thick matt of hard grease stuck in the bottom. How can people be so lazy? I cleaned it all out and clean everything else. I need to replace the "one touch cleaning" hardware. The grease was packed under the blade. Anyway the price was right.

Before cleaning.
IMG_3660.jpg

After cleaning.
The brown streaks are the garage lights reflection. I don't know why they look brown? Lights are white.
IMG_3661.jpg

Nice score. :thumb:

BTW, the light reflections look brown because they are a different color temperature than the flash on your camera. The camera assumes that the flash is the primary light source, which makes the 'Hot Spot" from the flash white, and reflections of warmer light sources look off-color.

CD

Rubbing compound and fine steel wool will bring back the exterior luster (and a little elbow grease)

Another Weber lives to grill another day....nice save...and a 22.5 OTG to boot...:thumb:

I agree about the wet sandind. Do it between coats when i repainte a weber top.

Great save, Pappy! And free! What a score! You just must be livin' right!!! :thumb:

Back