homemade smoker stokers

sitnfat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
alright I am sure someone on this forum has tried it or seen them made we are wanting to get some stockers for our UDSs and dont wanna spend an arm and a leg we have 4 smokers so have any you fellas or ladies out therebuilt one or know someone who has we would like to try to build a few..

Norcoredneck- The Macguyver of BBQ.

I'd be interested in this too. As much of a connect this to that type of tutorial as possible.

I think you will find you are not saving that much with a homemade. If I remember the one Norcore made was some stuff he had and I think he said he worked with that type of electronics at work could be wrong though. As a Stoker owner I will tell you this for me its worth every penny.
just my 2 cents

well I have a good friend who just emailed me and he is gonna work one up for me i will keep you all posted

I think you will find you are not saving that much with a homemade. If I remember the one Norcore made was some stuff he had and I think he said he worked with that type of electronics at work could be wrong though. As a Stoker owner I will tell you this for me its worth every penny.
just my 2 cents

Not to sound dumb, but could you tell us in your opinion why its worth every penny? I'm very curious now myself, is it to obtain higher temps in colder climates?

Thanks!

I don't have a Stoker or a Guru and I cannot tell you if they're worth it or not but no its not for obtaining higher temps in colder climates.

What a Stoker/BBQ Guru does do is monitor your pit temperature and increases or decreases air flow to your fire to try to maintain a target temperature. In other words, it makes your smoker work like an oven - set it and forget it.

Back