New smoker!

rexbbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Last weekend I attended the MABA meeting in Maryland and happened to win a smoker. Yep! It is the bbq guru shotgun smoker. It is freaking awesome! Cooking now. I'll post some more pics later.
20170318_130037_zpsnnfwzrb1.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a few more pics. The firebasket is heavy duty. The inside has three nicely spaced racks. Big enough to cook pork butts in pans with racks in the pans. From what I heard these should be on sale some time in the coming week. The MSRP is supposed to be around 1650.
ss1-1_zpslybzwp5z.jpg

ss2_zpsuxq6qjqb.jpg

ss3_zpsbonyb2d8.jpg

ss4_zpsdrorixvp.jpg

ss5_zpsygwtjxok.jpg

They've been trying to build a smoker that's worth a damn for quite a while now.
That looks like their best attempt yet.
Congrats!!

Nice! You're one lucky farker.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am in the market for a new insulated smoker. So I have a bunch of questions.
1) how thick insulation?
2) what's the deminsions of the cook chamber?
3) as far as heating, even top to bottom?
4) easy to start?
5) fuel consumption?

Thanks for your time.....

I am in the market for a new insulated smoker. So I have a bunch of questions.
1) how thick insulation?
2) what's the deminsions of the cook chamber?
3) as far as heating, even top to bottom?
4) easy to start?
5) fuel consumption?

Thanks for your time.....

1. Not sure how thick the insulation is. The door appears to be about 1.5 inches thick.
2. Don't have exact dimensions but there are three shelves that each hold a whole pan. There is about 6 inches between each shelf. There is also another rack position right above the water pan. so you technically could add another shelf or move them around.
3. As for heating, it appeared to cook pretty evenly top to bottom. I did not do a biscuit test. If I have time this week I will do one.
4. It was super easy to start. I filled the fire box basket with about 7lbs of lump charcoal. Used a torch to start it in the center. Then added a few hickory chunks and let it come up to temperature. Took about 20-25 minutes to get to 275.
5. As for fuel consumption, I cooked for 8 hours and had about 30% unused charcoal at the end of the cook. So I would say that it is pretty efficient.

After cooking on it and tasting the food off of it. I would totally recommend it.

Back