Please Join Us In the "Ribs" Throwdown! Enter to Win Prizes From Oakridge BBQ! Lasts Through August 13th!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]***NOTE: This thread is an announcement. Please post your entries HERE NOT in this Qtalk thread!***

[FONT=&quot]Our New Throwdown Category is...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"Ribs"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
c620330b83b70da758093613ffc6829d.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]This was SirPorkaLot's entry in the 2017 Pork Back Ribs Master Throwdown
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]As chosen by Ron_L for winning the "Potato" Throwdown.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
Ron_L said:
It’s been a while since we’ve had a ribs TD! Any type of rib (even country style, but they really aren’t ribs) would qualify.
[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 7/27 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 8/13/18.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 8/13/18[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
Also, if you have not entered a Throwdown before,

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Our official prize sponsor for Q3 is Oakridge BBQ who is awarding all Throwdown winners with a choice of 4 1lb bags of their fabulous rubs![/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
Screen%20Shot%202015-09-29%20at%203.38.10%20PM_zpsh4qj1d3l.png
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Best of luck and even better eats to all![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
You'd be surprised what some good lighting and a filter can do. I almost won a TD with this cell pic

I'm not saying that wouldn't help, but if I take a picture from my wife's phone it is 10x better. There definitely is some user idiocy involved by me, but my phone really does suck for pictures

My entry in the Ribs Throw Down

this is my entry into the Ribs Throw Down

Made these "Ribs to Go". Because they were cooked ahead of time and intended to be gifts that may be frozen by the recipient, I cut them in half before cooking , so that they would stay moist and not dry out in transit or if frozen. Also was a good size for 1 person to have a meal.

Each half piece fit in a 1 gallon freezer bag.

Used McKormic applewood rub, with apple pellets, spritz'd with apple juice.

Attachments

• IMG_0897.jpg
    IMG_0897.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 117
FYI:

[FONT=&quot]***NOTE: This thread is an announcement. Please post your entries HERE NOT in this Qtalk thread!***[/FONT]

this is my entry into the Ribs Throw Down

Made these "Ribs to Go". Because they were cooked ahead of time and intended to be gifts that may be frozen by the recipient, I cut them in half before cooking , so that they would stay moist and not dry out in transit or if frozen. Also was a good size for 1 person to have a meal.

Each half piece fit in a 1 gallon freezer bag.

Used McKormic applewood rub, with apple pellets, spritz'd with apple juice.

Awww man I want to get in this one but not sure I have the time this weekend. I too am investing in a digital camera. My phone camera is killing me.

It was good seeing Moose and his missus Saturday so how about a bump?

Back