Suckling pig at Costco

WilliamKY

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
My best friend texted me and said they have them at our Costco now. I've been wanting to cook my first pig. I think I can get a 20-30 lb pig on my stick burner. Sounds like a fall football cookout in the making.

Go to the Costco Business center if you have one nearby. They stock a bunch of awesome stuff including suckling pigs

Costco

Go to the Costco Business center if you have one nearby. They stock a bunch of awesome stuff including suckling pigs

Hi My Costco Business had pigs,goats,lamb hanging up.Also had pigs for smoking in a box average around 30-35 lbs.
DanB

PS 30 lbs kind of big for a suckling pig? Like to get a small one on my 36" Shirley.

Last edited:
PS 30 lbs kind of big for a suckling pig? Like to get a small one on my 36" Shirley.

We raised and marketed pigs for years. You're correct, 30 lbs. is too big to be called "suckling". We were selling what is called "feeder pigs", they were sold at 25 lbs. and we had them off the teat and on a feed that was high in protien and molasses for about 2 weeks, when they were weighed in at 25 lbs.

If you've got a Costco business as already mentioned they stock them. The regular clubs sometimes bring them in also.

At costco business

axzUCUth.jpg

cF0gHZBh.jpg

Every time I see one of the business centers mentioned I look them up to see where they are located and get bummed out there isn't one near here.

If you've got a Costco business as already mentioned they stock them. The regular clubs sometimes bring them in also.

At costco business

axzUCUth.jpg

cF0gHZBh.jpg

This is so very much in my future! More inspiration to learn my new stick burner!

I was at my local Costco last week and noticed a new sign in the meat department advertising whole pigs for $2.79lb...I dont believe they had them in the coolers (guessing probably not). Dont even know if that's a good price on a pig but I didnt get any indication from the sign they were small pigs.

Actually I do believe the word "roasting" was on the sign so maybe it's the same deal.

I was at my local Costco last week and noticed a new sign in the meat department advertising whole pigs for $2.79lb...I dont believe they had them in the coolers (guessing probably not). Dont even know if that's a good price on a pig but I didnt get any indication from the sign they were small pigs.

Actually I do believe the word "roasting" was on the sign so maybe it's the same deal.

It's a pretty good price but they are frozen FWIW. I know prices fluctuate but I paid $5-6/lb for this 38lb pig from my local butcher couple years ago. I paid $140 for the same size pig a year prior. They were fresh though. I have the option of getting them from my butcher anytime as long as I let him know a day or two in advance so they can slaughter it but def not at $2.79/lb.

20141230_193458.jpg

I just did pig roast 100lbs pig went for $2.46 a lbs from a local meat market

My best friend texted me and said they have them at our Costco now. I've been wanting to cook my first pig. I think I can get a 20-30 lb pig on my stick burner. Sounds like a fall football cookout in the making.

Thanks, William.

Which Costco, Bardstown RD or Norton Commons?

I am gonna have to hit my STL location....pretty sure my Lang could handle one of these!

Back