What would you charge for this?

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am doing a party on 6/20/2009 for a colloge graduation. The mother called me today and needs my services. We went over food and she told me she wants servers and cleam up crew. Forget all that, this is the menu she wants, what would you price for just the food??

This is for 100 people

50lb hog with pulled pork back up
Baby back ribs -carving station
London Broil - carving station
BBQ Chicken legs and breasts
Baked ziti
Penne Vodka
Mac and cheese
Shrimp and pineappla kabobs with salsa
Teriyaki chicken kabobs with ginger wasabi cream
Corn on the cob
Caesar salad

My price includes setting up and break down. I ad on service charges so this is just for the food. platicware and papergoods. per person.

I'm a bit stuck on your pricing but I have a 50th birthday party for 150 people and we are cooking..

Two briskets for sandwiches (could be three)
two pork shoulders for pulled pork
bread rolls
jerk chicken
Mutton Curry
MONK
ABT's
Vegatable platter
burgers & sausages for the kids
all sauces included

£500.00

We were charging £5.00 per head but gave a discount.

I am doing a party on 6/20/2009 for a colloge graduation. The mother called me today and needs my services. We went over food and she told me she wants servers and cleam up crew. Forget all that, this is the menu she wants, what would you price for just the food??

This is for 100 people

Baked ziti
Penne Vodka
Mac and cheese
Corn on the cob
Caesar salad

My price includes setting up and break down. I ad on service charges so this is just for the food. platicware and papergoods. per person.

That job has $30+ a head all over it!

This is for 100 people

Baked ziti
Penne Vodka
Mac and cheese
Corn on the cob
Caesar salad

Intresting, when planning an event like this how do caters figure out the amounts? Do you figure some will get some meats and sides and others will get others?

I would figure 8 Oz. of cooked meat per person, that is if I had 2 sides, you have 5 sides. But again, you dont plan on having enough for all 100 to have all 5 do you? Same as the meat, 6 meats...Really intrested to see if someone will explain how that works.

Did not know how to answer your question with no amounts listed. All I know is that if I catered, you would tell me how many pounds of meat and sides you want and I would supply it, if you run out dont blame me!

Intresting, when planning an event like this how do caters figure out the amounts? Do you figure some will get some meats and sides and others will get others?

I would figure 8 Oz. of cooked meat per person, that is if I had 2 sides, you have 5 sides. But again, you dont plan on having enough for all 100 to have all 5 do you? Same as the meat, 6 meats...Really intrested to see if someone will explain how that works.

Did not know how to answer your question with no amounts listed. All I know is that if I catered, you would tell me how many pounds of meat and sides you want and I would supply it, if you run out dont blame me!

If they told us their secrets, they'd have to kill us. You're better off not knowing or catering.

I charged 39.00 a head and the lady didn't bat an eye. I also added on 18% service charge. Once we went over the food, she was ready for more stuff, she wanted clean up crews, bar tenders, tables, chairs, maragarita machines, and linens. This should be a real good gig.

3 meats and a buffet line with a stack of paper plates are much easier to figure.
When waitstaff, fine china, dishwashers and bartenders get involved it is a real challenge.

I charged 39.00 a head and the lady didn't bat an eye. I also added on 18% service charge. Once we went over the food, she was ready for more stuff, she wanted clean up crews, bar tenders, tables, chairs, maragarita machines, and linens. This should be a real good gig.

Congrats on the gig! I'm sure you'll do her proud!

Back