New Wood Supplier in SoCal

Countryhb

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hot damn! I finally had the opportunity (and need) to go check out The Woodshed in Orange to pick up some wood for Turkey Day. I was lead to the Woodshed by a recommendation from a reporter for the OC Register. Lemme tell you, this place was Nirvana...kinda like if you took all the best strippers in Vegas and put them in one central nudie bar!

Owner's name is Mike Sharpe. This guy was as into his wood as we are into our meat...get your mind out of the gutter! Mike took time out of his busy day to show me around his expansive wood piles. You need it...he's got it, or will get it for you. He had beautiful stacks of red oak, hickory, pecan, apple, olive, walnut...and quite a bit of others. He had small bags of chunked woods, or full logs. He offered to cut to size. More so than just a damn fine collection of wood, the customer service was awesome! From the young lady working the office, to the guys working the yard, all the way up to Mike himself, everybody was friendly and ready to please.

I've been getting my wood from Sepulveda Building Supply, and been out to California Charcoal and Wood Supply...not any longer! Mike's got my business from now on! It was an absolute joy to find a supplier so enthusiastic and dedicated to his work. And the quality of wood was outstanding! If you're in SoCal and looking for wood, do yourself a favor a go check out Mike's wood...

Here's the link. Be sure to tell him Country sent ya!

The Woodshed
1015 N. Batavia
Orange, CA 92867
714-771-2626

Good now you can keep your arse out of my supply!:biggrin:

Seriously though, I need to check this guy's wood out:eek:

Before all starts buying small amounts we should pool our collective resources and buy a 1/2 cord or so.

That could be cool. I don't need a lot but I could use some chunks.

If I understood correctly, he's got some sort of program where he'll allow you to purchase in bulk but take smaller amounts at a time...

Always nice to have a good wood supplier. Ever since I started cooking with wood only, I found a place just two miles from me. Very friendly and the wood is well seasoned and already split.

Their pricing is odd: Apple is cheaper than Almond. I can get Almond for free from local farmers. I guess there is not a big demand for Apple wood. Better for me.:grin:

Do you throw cinnamon sticks in with your apple wood?

Apple Jacks Mod

Country, good job on the find. I'll be intrested and I will check them out.

Maybe we can get Norco to deliver. He could quit work and deliver to the Brethern full time :-D

Very cool, I got to see the stuff first hand tonight. Good looking wood and no it wasn't Country's thank god :lol:

Country, good job on the find. I'll be intrested and I will check them out.

Maybe we can get Norco to deliver. He could quit work and deliver to the Brethern full time :-D

Norco goes right by there on his way to work...

A free ton of Grape Wood to any Brethren who shows up to claim it
I have 10 tons at the casa

I went to the Wood Shed yesterday to see what it was all about. Everything Country said about it is true. The owner Mike took great care of me and earned my business for life as a result. He runs a top notch business and understands our needs. He will even cut the wood into chunks or staves while you wait or you can call ahead he'll have it ready when you arrive. Make sure to mention Country sent you, you guys wont be dissapointed!

I was in Oregon
What were you doing at the Salton Sea?
New Turkey Brine technique

Back