MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #1
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Default Notes from the April BOD Meeting

Yes I listened to the MP3. Now none of this official but some is real interesting.

TOY 2011 - The BOD approved a budget of $51,000 and something ( can't remember the exact amount). This is pure cash awards. It pays to 20th place in each category. It was the motion put forward in the Feb meeting by Mike B. There will be an article in the May Bullsheet. There is a another committee that handles the trophies and nothing was mentioned about their budget. This is a significant increase from 2010. There was discussion of only calling the top 10 to the stafe with 11-20 having their names on the projector and getting their checks afterwards.

The new truck and trailer - wow is all I can say. I heard they have cut a check for 60K plus are giving the Pork Board 10K of advertising. Now that may be a good deal but here's the fun stuff. They don't know what's inside the trailer other than sinks. Have no pictures and details on equipment. I put over 20K of equipment into my vending trailer and it's a lot smaller. Think I'd want to know first. And they still need to have the mechanic check out the truck. Sure hope they don't send the check until that's done.

The new scoring program is moving ahead but it sounds like it's going to be "expensive" Had to go into executive session so we the members wouldn't hear about the cost. It does sound like it's going to be an extremely useful database moving forward and will do much more than just scoring. Even sounds like the office can download the team info to the Reps computer.

Randy Bigler rescinded his motion on a rep. So after all the fuss nothing happened other than a closed door discussion again.

The meeting only lasted 3 hours with some in executive session so it's not too long to listen to. I'd recommend it to people who are interested in the functioning of the KCBS.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:40 PM   #2
Jeff Hughes
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford View Post

I'd recommend it to people who are interested in the functioning of the KCBS.
I'm interested, but your summery is great and it's what I'm going with for now. Thanks.
22" Weber Kettle(10 bucks@garage sale)
Jeff Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #3
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

X2 here

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
Just Pulin' Pork
is one Smokin' Farker

Thanks Ford much appreciated!
Just Pulin' Pork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2011, 12:45 AM   #5
Gene01
Knows what a fatty is.

actually we have all seen pictures of the inside, this is a great deal for KCBS, we are having a mechanic check it out, this is always a good idea and yes we also got a car fax report and maintenance records.... it has a fold out stage instead of assebling a stage for each event, press the button and it is done.. it has an evac for the grill, it carries water, a sink but will need some modifications and to be wrapped for our needs.... the truck will probably go out before the new trailer towing the old trailer, safer, more braking, better ride and more towing capacity and an engine that will go for many years longer than the current truck.... A very good investment for our tour.... we were under powered, under rated tow capacity and this will get us on track and legal at the scales.... the truck by itseld is amost worth the total price paid out...
Gene01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2011, 01:37 AM   #6
bbqfun
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene01 View Post
actually we have all seen pictures of the inside, this is a great deal for KCBS, we are having a mechanic check it out, this is always a good idea and yes we also got a car fax report and maintenance records.... it has a fold out stage instead of assebling a stage for each event, press the button and it is done.. it has an evac for the grill, it carries water, a sink but will need some modifications and to be wrapped for our needs.... the truck will probably go out before the new trailer towing the old trailer, safer, more braking, better ride and more towing capacity and an engine that will go for many years longer than the current truck.... A very good investment for our tour.... we were under powered, under rated tow capacity and this will get us on track and legal at the scales.... the truck by itseld is amost worth the total price paid out...

Gene, will it be at Stagecoach?
bbqfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2011, 06:46 AM   #7
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

I'm familiar with the trailer and it's very nice. I believe there is under counter commercial refrigeration in the back as well. If the rig looks like it did last time I saw it then I'd say this is a good deal for KCBS.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqfun View Post

No it will not be there

Www.bbqthom.com

Old 04-15-2011, 11:36 AM   #9
Gene01
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqfun View Post
No, we will probably not use the trailer for a while, the truck as I said will probably be put to use real soon and I would only guess that it will be at Stage Coach, the trailer will probably sit this season and be made active for next season all fixed up for our purpose as well as imaging..
Gene01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Very Good
The first trailer and the new truck
They will love having a real truck pulling the hills
Great news

Www.bbqthom.com

Old 04-15-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
Big Poppa
is One Chatty Farker

So the juicy stuff in the original posters thread was inaccurate? Great job on scoring a really nice truck and trailer.
Big Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2011, 05:54 PM   #12
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
So the juicy stuff in the original posters thread was inaccurate? Great job on scoring a really nice truck and trailer.
Thanks for the update Gene. None of this was mentioned in the MP3 just the mechanic not looking at it yet and a comment by a BOD member that they didn't know what equipment was in it. Sounds like a real good deal based on your report. Sure wish somebody had read this info into the meeting discussion but I guess it was read last month in the "executive session" so nobody though it needed to be mentioned this month in the actual minutes.