Contest Announcment Smokin in the Junction West Des Moines IA May 29-30

B

Buster Dog BBQ

New contest this year. Smokin in the Junction in Historic Valley Junction. This contest is in West Des Moines. They did non sanctioned last year but brought in KCBS reps. Good turn out of maybe 30 teams. The area is home to a lot of antique shops and small bars.

This is Memorial Day weekend.

Thanks for the post, Buster. I am the contest organizer for Smokin' In The Junction. We will be posting cook's and judge's applications on the Valley Junction website in the next week or so. www.valleyjunction.com

Thanks for the update. We were looking for something in the Des Moines area this year. Saturday Sunday is nice, no need to burn up vacation days.

Thanks for the post, Buster. I am the contest organizer for Smokin' In The Junction. We will be posting cook's and judge's applications on the Valley Junction website in the next week or so. www.valleyjunction.com

Brian,
Please try to consider addressing the requirement that teams had to transport their dirty water with them on the way home instead of being able to dispose of it on-site. It was a real pain last year since we didn't learn about it until the cooks meeting. Thanks. Had a great time last year.

Brian,
Please try to consider addressing the requirement that teams had to transport their dirty water with them on the way home instead of being able to dispose of it on-site. It was a real pain last year since we didn't learn about it until the cooks meeting. Thanks. Had a great time last year.

We have several pages of notes to improve the event for 2010. This one is on the top of the list!

I heard the event is moving from the street to somewhere with more room, is that correct? Will there be a kids Q?

I heard the event is moving from the street to somewhere with more room, is that correct? Will there be a kids Q?

Yes, we are moving to one of the parking lots so the spaces will be larger. No plans for a Kids' Q at this point. I will put that on the agenda for the committee to consider.

This was a fun contest last year, the only problem was the street was so narrow it made it hard to get in and out of. Moving it to the one of the parking lots will help a ton.

Really looking forward to this one! Missed it last year.

Yes, we are moving to one of the parking lots so the spaces will be larger. No plans for a Kids' Q at this point. I will put that on the agenda for the committee to consider.

Thanks Brian, I am trying to do a couple contests where the girls can get involved. With this being so close, a kids q would be great even if its just burgers or chicken.

Back