My BBQ Christmas Gift on a budget.

A reliable meat thermometer is a gamechanger. A thermapen is a luxury, which is why its best as a gift! But the thermoworks rt600c ($25 om Amazon) is very good, accurate and reliable. Beats most other thermometers.

I love my Thermapens, but like said above, they are luxuries and will eat up much of that $100. I would ask for the Simply Marvelous Rub sample pack in a heartbeat. So,e of the best rubs on the market. I'd also ask for meat gloves and some Bear Claws/Bear Paws. Also, a food saver vacuum system will save ya money in the long run. Whatever you ask for...whatever you get...I pray you have a blessed Christmas.

thermapen !!! My wife just ordered my orange one for her parents as my gift for Christmas.

grill grates would be my second.

Third my KJ big joe, but just over the 100.00 limit by 1500.00

Here are the BBQ related items on my list...you might get some ideas from here.

- Wrought Iron Fireplace Tool Kit (for my stickburner)
- Fire Wire Stainless Steel Flexible Grilling Skewer
- Simpl​y Marv​elous Rub Pack
- Various Oakridge BBQ rubs
- Bayou Classic Injector
- Mr Bar B Q Forged 3 piece rosewood utensil set

A Thermapen or the new 14.5 WSM would be a great Xmas gift. I have 5 Thermapens already so I'm asking for one of the new 14.5 WSM. :)

What's your smoker and what do you have already?

Perhaps Webster can send a thick book with the definition of "nothing" highlighted.

Peace

It was going to be funnier with a play on William Jeffersons trouble with definitions, but then the boss called. Which is a good thing, I've got a job. Just not as funny.

I wish you well in your frugal pursuit. When you think about it, and read all these great responses (mine excluded) the BBQ world has some really cool gifts under a C-note

Try your local butcher shop for knives...mine will sell new knives... same as the ones they use everyday.

Thought maybe some meat hangers too anyone use those? I think I am slowly getting my list for "Santa" together.

So I guess I truly am a pretty down to earth guy. Have been looking at what I wanted like a little kid and then it struck me. What has giving me the most use for what I am doing. Not to get all sappy and what not but figured it was all of you Brethren and this site. So going to put a membership on top of the list and then maybe an IQ 110 will be in the stocking for my UDS. :shock: Here's to hoping I'm on the nice list.....

There's no place like home :))

"Hate you, hate Kansas-took the dog, Love Dorothy"

Well, if you are REALLY starting from ground zero, and there is one close by, get a Costco membership. It is the gift that keeps on giving. $55/year and then a promise for more stuff inside.

Back