Fireboard Test and PBC Pulled Chuck

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
My Maverick receiver finally died about a month ago. Looked hard at the Smoke, decided I wanted the option for more than 2 probes and pulled the trigger on the Signals. In the first 24 hours I ran into issues with being able to save sessions and export data. Thermoworks tried a few things and then reported it as a software bug. So I returned the unit and bought the Fireboard.

The Fireboard is a clear winner. It was easy to set up, its easy to use, the app works flawlessly. The website has great functionality, and the remote WiFi monitoring works great.

Have run it thru a few tests on the kitchen table and today gave it a go on the PBC.

Some CAB chuck I picked up for $3.49/lb a few weeks ago. Seasoned with SM Peppered Cow and in the PBC with mesquite.

Here’s the 3.5 hour graph on the cook.

B4Pu1ySg.jpg

The PBC is a rock solid cooker. As you can see I didn’t touch the lid for the first 2 hours. It ran 270ish +-5 degrees for 2 hours. Then I pulled the lid to take this pic.

xJ02pzPl.jpg

Then the PBC temp started trailing down, which sometimes happens with wind changes or as the charcoal burns down. So I pulled one rebar and the temp shot back up.

Pulled it off after 3.5 hours and into a foiled pan with a mixture of bbq sauce, hot sauce, and some black cherry soda.

razBWIDl.jpg

Into the oven. I’ll post pics as we go.

Love the Fireboard.

After 2 hours braising it’s running 200 throughout but not quite ready to shred. Back in for a bit longer.

kwgcyXbl.jpg

Nice cook! I love my fireboard...been a real good performer for me. Easy to get at the raw data if you like. I actually used it in my office to log the temp when facilities didn't think "it was all that hot" in the office. Well! How about an Excel log/graph showing by the minute what the temp was all day? Yeah, that's what I thought. :)

Love it. I’m an excel geek and love the raw data. Exactly why I ditched the Signals when I couldn’t get to it.

Bet your facilities guys love you!

I recently discovered the joy of pulled chuck, your post reminded me of how delicious it was because it looks amazing! And I love my Fireboard.

Back