MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
uncblue
Full Fledged Farker

Default Vision classic Kamado on Sale $399

I was in Costco in durham Nc today and it's marked down from $565 to $399. I love mine & wanted to share the love

Old 07-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
uncblue
Full Fledged Farker

Also available same price in Ral location off Wake Forest rd. Happy Smoking

Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
ToddM
Full Fledged Farker

Wow. I wonder if that's nation wide, I wouldn't hesitate to get one at that price. I'll have to stop by Costco to see. Thanks.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : John

THAT is a bargain!

Old 07-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #5
CtTradArcher
On the road to being a farker

I have been waiting and watching here in CT for them to go on sale. I will have to call tomorrow to see if they are priced the same here.

Thanks for the heads up!

Large UDS, Small UDS, CG Akorn, NB Bandera, NB Black Diamond, Home Built Offset, Vision Classic Kamado, Green Mountain Daniel Boone, Weber Gasser, Smokey Mountain Cabinet, and several Weber kettles of various sizes.
CtTradArcher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
uncblue
Full Fledged Farker

No worries fellas. They said sales on thru 7-7.... Do me a favor if you pull the trigger & buy 1 send me a note with a pic of your 1st cook

Just found out that they will price adjust for 1st 30 days so u may be safe to go ahead & then watch out for that price... Gonna be a PITA but I'm forced to buy another one then return that one with my original receipt since it's been over 30 days....

Old 07-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #7
vaTim
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Little brother "Kub" down to $129 from $229 also..

Old 07-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
uncblue
Full Fledged Farker

Oh Wow... I've seen that before but didn't realize how awesome that could be Til I had the big guy. Gotta have that one for traveling.... Wonder where the closest Costco is that had one??? Will be calling Friday....

Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #9
chuckl
Found some matches.

I went to buy one this afternoon and noticed the price. I didn't pick one up because I thought it was a different model since there was the huge price difference. If it is the same grill, I'm going back on Friday and pick one up. Can you guys confirm that this is the same unit that was priced at $569? Why would they drop the price so much, are they dropping Vision?

For indirect cooking/smoking, what are do you use for a "plate setter" and where do you buy it?

Chuck
chuckl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #10
EWizza
Got Wood.

Up here in Boston it's 399 too! Gonna go get the difference back. I bought mine a couple weeks ago at 598

Old 07-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #11
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckl View Post
I went to buy one this afternoon and noticed the price. I didn't pick one up because I thought it was a different model since there was the huge price difference. If it is the same grill, I'm going back on Friday and pick one up. Can you guys confirm that this is the same unit that was priced at $569? Why would they drop the price so much, are they dropping Vision?

For indirect cooking/smoking, what are do you use for a "plate setter" and where do you buy it?

Chuck
You better grab it. Before you think twice they'll be gone. I picked up the last one for my bro last year for $399. It's the same exact grill as listed for $569. There even were a few guys that picked it up at $199 when some Costcos got stuck with them at $399. It's just the end of season for Costco and they need to clear out the summer stuff to get fall merchandise in. They're not dropping Vision it's just time to make room for other things.
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2013, 06:35 PM   #12
chuckl
Found some matches.

I'm planning to pick one up in the morning. Again, what are you guys using for a "plate setter" with the Vision grill?

Chuck
chuckl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #13
loco_engr
is one Smokin' Farker

Chuckl:

Might look around here:

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/

HTH

Old 07-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #14
EWizza
Got Wood.

Quote:
I'm planning to pick one up in the morning. Again, what are you guys using for a "plate setter" with the Vision grill?

Chuck
I grabbed to hot rolled flats of steel and bent them for the base. Then, I bought a 15" pizza pan to sit on top of the steel. Works like a charm and the total cost was < $25

Old 07-04-2013, 07:31 PM   #15
ssv3
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Sako

Quote:

Chuck
That's good. Vision kamados are built well and a steal at that price IMHO. I use the Kamado Joe deflector and Pizza stone. It set me back about $80 but well worth. I took that stone about 1000* if not more without issues. Works awesome and the KJ stones are of excellent quality. It's sits a tad bit high on my Vision but you can dremel some notches like the KJ. I chose to leave it alone. It doesnt impact the lid closure or anything even with dual racks in place.

Here is a side shot on how it sits:

Good luck!
Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->