• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

brisket phosphates

peterz

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me where to get some good quality
phosphates for competition Brisket. Which phosphates product is
good .I have never used it before and would love to try it just
dont know where to get it or which one.
Thank you so much.

Butchers sells a quality phosphate at butcherbbq.com

Phosphate is a different product than brisket injection that has other flavor ingredients in addition to phosphates.

Thank you so much everyone.
I think I will try the Kosmos Reserve blend brisket injection
and see what happens.

Once again thank you.

If you want a complete injection then try Butcher BBQ or FAB-B as well. You asked for information on where to by phosphates.

If you want a complete injection then try Butcher BBQ or FAB-B as well. You asked for information on where to by phosphates.

Thanx Ron.
I did not know about the complete injection with phosphates
in it. Now I know so Im going for it............

I ordered only one pound of Kosmos to try. After that I will try the Butcher.
Once again thank you guys, you are the best.

Phospates by themselves are generally tasteless. Ames makes Amesphos which is just phospates. It is a white powder and doesn't taste like much. However they also make FAB B which is a beefy flavoring, MSG and phospates all mixed together into a powder. Butcher and losmos make a similar product to FAB B.

I've used both Kosmos Reserve and Butchers Prime, didn't notice much of a difference between the 2, both are quality products from great guys with great service. You won't go wrong either way.

I've used both Kosmos Reserve and Butchers Prime, didn't notice much of a difference between the 2, both are quality products from great guys with great service. You won't go wrong either way.

Are either one of those MSG free?

I have someone in the family that is allegic to MSG. Currently I use Butchers BBQ in competitions. If they made something similar without MSG, I would also use it for home cooking.

I have someone in the family that is allegic to MSG. Currently I use Butchers BBQ in competitions. If they made something similar without MSG, I would also use it for home cooking.

Not to stir the pot too much, but are they really, really certain of that? MSG is one of those substances that many people claim an allergy to, but aren't. A lot of times it's actually a reaction to the sodium in the types of food that frequently have MSG in them. It's also in a lot of foods, even if MSG is not on the label.

Hydrolyzed vegetable protein, autolyzed yeast, hydrolyzed yeast, yeast extract, soy extracts, protein isolate, and the ever popular "natural flavorings" can include glutamic acid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosodium_glutamate

"Adequately controlling for experimental bias includes a double-blind placebo-controlled experimental design (DBPC) and the application in capsules because of the strong and unique after-taste of glutamates.[21] In a study performed by Tarasoff and Kelly (1993) 71 fasting participants were given 5 g of MSG and then administered a standard breakfast. There was only one reaction, and it was to the placebo in a self-identified MSG-sensitive individual.[18] In a different study done by Geha et al. (2000), they tested the reaction of 130 subjects who reported sensitivity to MSG. Multiple DBPC trials were performed and only subjects with at least two symptoms proceeded. Only two people out of the whole study responded in all four challenges. Because of this low prevalence, the researchers concluded that the response to MSG was not reproducible."​

http://allergies.about.com/od/preservativeallergy/f/msgallergy.htm

"Mild reactions have been proven when MSG was taken in large amounts without food, but no reactions were seen when MSG was given with food (which is the way it normally is eaten). Reactions to MSG are not truly allergic; reactions may be caused by toxicities to the nervous system or even by an irritant effect on the esophagus. "​

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_can_you_take_to_counteract_an_allergy_to_MSG

"The symptoms people get from MSG consumption are not due to an allergy. The active componet of MSG is glutamic acid which is used as an excitatory neurotransmitter in the brain and is used in many other parts of the body as well. And it's the overstimulation of these nerve cells, including brain cells, by the excess glutamic acid that cause most of the symptoms. "​

This is a sister-in-law so I'm not sure at all but that's what I've been told so I try to accommodate.

It's easier to to not include rather than hear the cackling! :blah:

Back