My Filal Build Sheet Sent In To Shirley Fabrication

BBQ Freak

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I have been thinking all last year on what I wanted and what I need and it changed a few times but for the last four months no changes and I know what I want . I had a thread awhile back and people thought I was crazy for wanting to down size in cookers and everyone says go as big as you can and you might need it some day and I have found that people like to spend your money at you expense , lol . I do catering jobs on the side and always had a smoker half full and still room for more food if needed but I do live in a smaller hick town and this is not to discourage people from buying a huge cooker by all means . just do the research and get the right cooker that supports your needs and not someone that is saying what you need that might be cooking on a little weber . I have sent in my final build sheet into Paul at Shirley Fabrication and will be picking up my new cooker next month or the first of March and can not wait to make the trip and hang with the Shirley Family . :biggrin1:

24 X 50 On A Modified Trailer

Straight Back Cabinet

Elevated Main Cabinet With 3rd Grate

Hip Roof On The Main Chamber

Stainless Steel Shelf With Back Splash

Folding Stainless Steel Shelf On Warmer With Paper Towel Holder

Three Shelf Warmer

Elevated Charcoal Grate In The Warmer

Hip Roof On The Warmer

Both Dampers

Insulated Fire Box

Fire Box Ash Pan

Baffle Block

Two Probe Ports - one probe on top of roof right side of main and one probe in the warmer next to the one in the roof

Wood Basket on right side

Spare Tire Mount

Removable Stack

Removable Trailer Tongue

Sounds like a great smoker and you have it configured pretty much how I would order one. Every time I read a SF thread, it makes me want one even though I really have no desire to have a wood burner. I guess I just appreciate what a work of art their smokers are.

I bet you are excited. I get the size thing. I thought my 24x55 was going to be too small...I was wrong. Can't wait to see it and I appreciate all your help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That’s almost the identical build I have in mind. Only mine is still 17months away. So jealous. I was first going to do the 24x60 but really don’t need anything that big. Add the elevated main and you can probably do more. I will not be getting the removable stack; just curious as to why you need a removable stack. I didn’t think it was that tall.

Congrats Jeff - like welcoming a new family member.

thanks

Sounds like a great smoker and you have it configured pretty much how I would order one. Every time I read a SF thread, it makes me want one even though I really have no desire to have a wood burner. I guess I just appreciate what a work of art their smokers are.

it is a piece of art and you can not buy from anyone else that will build what you want even if they have never built it before and they are a true Fabricator .

I bet you are excited. I get the size thing. I thought my 24x55 was going to be too small...I was wrong. Can't wait to see it and I appreciate all your help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

any time you need answers I am here to help or I can get you the info you need .

That’s almost the identical build I have in mind. Only mine is still 17months away. So jealous. I was first going to do the 24x60 but really don’t need anything that big. Add the elevated main and you can probably do more. I will not be getting the removable stack; just curious as to why you need a removable stack. I didn’t think it was that tall.

when I bought my first Shirley it was a 24 X 65 traditional Round model on a 5 foot wide trailer and fit in my garage just fine , then I bought a 24 X 60 Golf Cart model and got it home and would not go into the garage due to the elevated cabinet I added made the stack height way to high and had to mod the stack myself to make it removable . I might need the removable stack and gave Paul my maximum height just in case and my only advise is ask these questions because you get it home and it might not fit if you keep your smokers garaged .

Awesome! Appreciate all your help for us Shirley guys. I would suggest having extra rails put in.

Looks like a great design. Going to be lots of room with the extra height and it being straight back.

Agree with the earlier post about it being a work of art. I keep finding myself wanting one too for the same reason. Feels almost like supporting a local artist.

I have been thinking all last year on what I wanted and what I need and it changed a few times but for the last four months no changes and I know what I want . I had a thread awhile back and people thought I was crazy for wanting to down size in cookers and everyone says go as big as you can and you might need it some day and I have found that people like to spend your money at you expense , lol . I do catering jobs on the side and always had a smoker half full and still room for more food if needed but I do live in a smaller hick town and this is not to discourage people from buying a huge cooker by all means . just do the research and get the right cooker that supports your needs and not someone that is saying what you need that might be cooking on a little weber . I have sent in my final build sheet into Paul at Shirley Fabrication and will be picking up my new cooker next month or the first of March and can not wait to make the trip and hang with the Shirley Family . :biggrin1:

24 X 50 On A Modified Trailer

Straight Back Cabinet

Elevated Main Cabinet With 3rd Grate

Hip Roof On The Main Chamber

Stainless Steel Shelf With Back Splash

Folding Stainless Steel Shelf On Warmer With Paper Towel Holder

Three Shelf Warmer

Elevated Charcoal Grate In The Warmer

Hip Roof On The Warmer

Both Dampers

Insulated Fire Box

Fire Box Ash Pan

Baffle Block

Two Probe Ports - one probe on top of roof right side of main and one probe in the warmer next to the one in the roof

Wood Basket on right side

Spare Tire Mount

Removable Stack

Removable Trailer Tongue

If you don't mind me asking, what does one configured like this cost?

the Shirley's ask not to share build prices but you can fill out a quote on their website or you can email Tyler for the price . I respect what they ask and sorry I can not provide the info to you .

No problem. I understand.

Congrats! I'm still working on my final specs! I got the email from Tyler Dec 29th. I'm too freakin excited!

then you better get busy on it and will be wanting to start building it real soon and they usually ask two weeks before starting . :wink:

Last edited:
Congrats BBQ FREAK! Gonna have twins or any difference in your new one and your existing one? Sure excited to get mine but I’m probably better than a year out yet. That’s ok, it goes by quick. I’m going with patio model 24x55 (at least I think). Don’t do any competing, just a hobbyist. I appreciate your videos too. Always fun to check out. Thanks for your efforts!

Back