Chicks and Spam!

Mad Max

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
With all the cold weather, we have been having, I couldn't help, but fire up the kettle and do some beer can chicken and spam. Temperature was in the mid to upper 60's. The chickens were marinated with Ken's Teriyaki and Honey, for about 3 hours.
IMG_0065.jpg

Broke out the holders and the "King of Beers".
IMG_0066.jpg

Fired up the chimney, with Stubbs Natural Briquettes.
IMG_0069.jpg

Used indirect heat to cook the chickens and threw on a chuck of Spam, rubbed with Pecan Rub.

IMG_0070.jpg

Here is the finished chix, the marinade crusted up a bit, but it was very moist and juicy. It cooked for about an hour and hit am internal temp. of 180 on the thighs and 172 on the breast.
IMG_0071.jpg

and of course, the SPAM.
IMG_0072.jpg

Hopefully, good weather this weekend and the UDS will be out, in full force.

Great looking chicken and spam Max!!

I told my family to slice it up and taste it, while I took the chicken off the grill, when I returned, the plate was empty.:icon_sad I know what my dog feels like, when she is hoping for a tid bit to drop. :lol:

Looks good! I was jsut thinking earlier today how I wished I had some sliced smoked SPAM. This is pretty much gonna push me over the edge and I'll have to do some SPAM soon.:cool:

I gotta try smoked Spam someday. The rule here is that the cook gets at least a token of meat, or the cook gets mean.

Smoked spam! Now that's an idea I need to try. Hmm, I wonder if you could stuff a fatty with previously smoked spam....

Spam...:eek: a little too salty for me. Sorry.

But the birds look real good. And some sliced up pictures would ALWAYS go over well with hungry readers.

Looks great.
How do you like the pecan rub? never tried it

No spam for you?!? Bummer. Chix look great!

I'll have to sneak some spam into the house. If I go shopping with the wife and put spam into the cart she sneaks out of the cart before the check out. She hates spam with a passion. Looks great by the way.:mrgreen:

I'll have to sneak some spam into the house. If I go shopping with the wife and put spam into the cart she sneaks out of the cart before the check out. She hates spam with a passion. Looks great by the way.:mrgreen:

I also sneak it in the house for the same reason. About 10 years ago I was looking for a can of SPAM that I had bought for a nice fried SPAM sandwich on crappy white bread. Gone, thinking I was losing it I asked if any one had seen it... the reply was priceless (now) amidst giggles from my girls: "Mommy gave it to the food shelves" :icon_shock1:

Back