• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pricing help

M

Manny69

Ok guys heres the deal. We are new to the business and our menu is set up for 1 meat, buns, 2 sides, table ware and serving trays, sauce, pickles for $7.50 a person. I just had a request for an extra meat and was curious how to price it? Do I just add a little extra or what? Please help.

Ok guys heres the deal. We are new to the business and our menu is set up for 1 meat, buns, 2 sides, table ware and serving trays, sauce, pickles for $7.50 a person. I just had a request for an extra meat and was curious how to price it? Do I just add a little extra or what? Please help.

We base it on the per person price. We would add between $1.50 and 3.00 depending on what the choice is. Ribs = Most expensive, and work down from there. Best of luck.

I would do a standard $2.50 - $3.00 al le cart. This will give you the ability to raise or lower your pricing.

We base it on the per person price. We would add between $1.50 and 3.00 depending on what the choice is. Ribs = Most expensive, and work down from there. Best of luck.

How would you figure the portions for the 2nd meat though? Would this price be for a full portion size for every quest? What would you figure portion size for the 1st and 2nd meats when they would like multiple meats?

In our catering business, we charge $7.50 for what you provide, and then $10.00 per person for two meats. (We don't do ribs for catering - too expensive and much more difficult (time consuming) to prepare and serve to the masses!)

How would you figure the portions for the 2nd meat though? Would this price be for a full portion size for every quest? What would you figure portion size for the 1st and 2nd meats when they would like multiple meats?

What's your serving size for the 1meat?
Usually you want your combos to all equal the same serving size.

Example...
1meat meal = 8oz.
2 meat = 4oz each meat
3 = 3 etc.
Adjust these numbers as you wish but you should already have this spelled out in your menu.

Bubba I have been figuring 5oz of pulled pork plus 10% when catering. So far I have not come close to running out. So if they want a second meat you would recomend dropping say pulled pork to 4oz pp and doing 4oz of say brisket pp?

Also when figuring this way is it acceptable to run out of pulled pork so long as there is of brisket left for guests?

Back