My. Wonderful. Brisket. (w/ pr0n)

jeffturnerjr

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Did a brisket this weekend.
Cooked on the UDS, 300 deg, Cooked 6 hours, and used Kingsford Blue with some oak chunks. I let the brisket rest for 2 hours before cutting into it. It was INCREDIBLE. I would use this technique at a competition for sure.

Here is the raw brisket. 16 lbs Certified Angus, trimmed down to 14.
photo11_zpsa51140a0.jpg

Coated the brisket with a mixture of French's Chardonnay Mustard, bread and butter pickle juice, & a dash of Worcestershire.
photo1_zpsa610c407.jpg

Coated both sides of the brisket with the mustard, sprinkled with my own brisket rub...salt, pepper, onion, garlic, cayenne, chili powder, & paprika.
photo8_zpsa23588eb.jpg

The silver bullet!!! Running hot and fast!
photo7_zpsab45ed06.jpg

My drink of choice.
photo9_zpsdb148e2a.jpg

Cooked naked for 4 hours. Wrapped and cooked 2 more hours.
photo5_zpsbfce176f.jpg

Probed a little hotter than I like. I usually like to pull closer to 198-200. But it was butter soft with the probe.
photo6_zps1e3973eb.jpg

After 2 hours of resting, pulled it out, got ready to cut. IT was around 165.
photo3_zps818e2621.jpg

photo_zpsf6fcb5cd.jpg

Oh is that a perfect bend test? I believe it is!
photo4_zps7f9bb56b.jpg

Last but not least, I cut up the point and made some burnt ends. I shudder to do so but wanted to practice for competitions. I didn't get them uniform but they tasted fantastic. Took the left over liquid from brisket, a1 sauce, ketchup and brown sugar and poured over the burnt ends, put in oven, let cook for another hour. Good gosh it was good.
photo2_zps95a7f32d.jpg

Thank you so much for looking!

It's 12:30 am here in Ga. and I am sitting here slobbering and wanting to lick the computer screen, but would have a hard time explaining it to the wife in the morning. Going to bed, but will dream and think brisket until early morning more than likely. Lets see, what time does Sam's open for business?:decision:

Blessings,
Omar

Bravo!!:clap2:
Great looking brisket. Not that I didn't believe in that style (Bludawg :mrgreen:) I will just take a run at it much sooner. Hmmm, I just happen to have a second from last weekend's "steal".

Great thread, thanks for sharing!:thumb:

Back