Roadside sales????

This is a good thread..I will say this I have been very lucky with my homemade rig. I have great location very busy highway at a 4way intersection with lakes on three sides of me. Now let me say this....If i had went and bought a 100k custom rig...I WOULD HAVE FAILED. My overhead is very low. And please dont think you go out and open 10 to 6 and make it,, There is alot more to it that just opening up and going to work. I go in at 4:AM till 6:pM..But I sell breakfast to...(good money there to)..I called jbrodgers this morning and we talk for awhile he sounded to me like he knows what he is getting into...Best thing I can tell anyone wanting to try this is to watch the overhead..

Last edited:
This is a good thread..I will say this I have been very lucky with my homemade rig. I have great location very busy highway at a 4way intersection with lakes on three sides of me. Now let me say this....If i had went and bought a 100k custom rig...I WOULD HAVE FAILED. My overhead is very low. And please dont think you go out and open 10 to 6 and make it,, There is alot more to it that just opening up and going to work. I go in at 4:AM till 6:pM..But I sell breakfast to...(good money there to)..I called jbrodgers this morning and we talk for awhile he sounded to me like he knows what he is getting into...Best thing I can tell anyone wanting to try this is to watch the overhead..

Great advice, AMEN.

If anyone is still involved in this thread, I'm starting up a road side bbq in Loudoun county VA, any info or advice would be great

the best way to get advice is to ask questions, lots of guys here either started or are still doing roadside vending

Mugger, I've just read through this old thread and am hoping you can revive it. I am a lurking bystander only and cannot afford to get into the business. I live vicariously thru landarc and the rest of the fellows here as they are doing what they love (I hope)... Please ASK the questions so I can stay tuned in...

Back