Used Smoker Needs Cleaning - Help

SmokeMeTender

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We purchased a used Oklahoma Joe's trailer smoker. It needs a good cleaning inside and out. Not sure what to clean it with. Any suggestions on how and what to clean the smoker with?

How bout some oven cleaner on the inside and then let it sit for awhile and then off to a car wash to powerhose it all down.

I get the gallon of EZ Off liquid at the local resteraunt supply, put in a plastic spray bottle and go to it! Car wash works great, and it smells better when you leave.

Tip the car wash guy before you leave......trust me:roll::biggrin:

One good thing about Ca. , ours don't have attendents. Thought I would add, I have also used my needle gun ( used for welding slag removal) to remove thick burnt on grease. Works like a charm and its a power tool!! (Air powered)
Nutz.

Zep had a product that is used for cleaning cookers. I think it is Zwp Smokehouse cleaner... or just get you some Simple Green. Soak it down and let is set for a few minutes and then hit it with the pressure washer...

Where old clothes for this!

James.

You degrease the cooking chamber? H-m-m-m. I just scrape 'em with a stiff bladed drywall knife when the cooker is cooling down ......about once a year. The rest goes out the grease drain. I'd just hit it with a pressure washer, maybe you have access to a Hotsy. That'll do it. Of course then you'll have to reseason it and get it all greasy again.

I would use a weed burner or pressure washer only. No chemicals.

Back