MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ > For the Board

Notices

For the Board *On Topic Only* Strictly moderated. NO BAD KARMA! This forum is for questions and discussions you would like reviewed by members of the KCBS(or other BBQ orgs) Board of Directors. A clean and direct place where they do not have to wade thru day to day chatter.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Default rep advisories

I do recall one of the platforms spoken about during the election was making the 30 some pages of rep advisories public. Hows that going?
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

They're already public. Located in the download section of the KCBS website. http://kcbs.us/pdf/contest-rep-advisories-2010.pdf

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
bover
is one Smokin' Farker

Yep. They've been public for a long time, although I don't think very many people were aware of it. If I remember correctly, the talk during the election campaigning revolved around heightening cook/judge awareness of them as well as reviewing them for consideration of implementing the relevant advisories in to the rule book if feasible.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bover View Post
Yep. They've been public for a long time, although I don't think very many people were aware of it. If I remember correctly, the talk during the election campaigning revolved around heightening cook/judge awareness of them as well as reviewing them for consideration of implementing the relevant advisories in to the rule book if feasible.
Sorry thats what I should of written. The idea og getting them incorporated or eliminated
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Old 03-27-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
carlyle
is one Smokin' Farker

I downloaded them a year or 2 ago and used them as a guide to help with our
organization.

I found them quite useful.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #6
arlieque
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
They're already public. Located in the download section of the KCBS website. http://kcbs.us/pdf/contest-rep-advisories-2010.pdf
do we know why this hasnt been updated. I know for three or four that arent on that PDF?

Organizing BBQ Contests Coast to Coast

www.arliequeevents.com
arlieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:23 PM   #7
Bunny
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlieque View Post
do we know why this hasnt been updated. I know for three or four that arent on that PDF?
Rep Committee has worked on it but it has to go through the BOD for approval.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 PM   #8
Rookie'48
Quintessential Chatty Farker

The Rep advisories are being looked at, along with the Rules themselves, by the Rules Committee. Our goal on this Committee is to consolidate and simplify each Rule / Advisory.
If any of you have any constructive suggestions for our committee please send them either to me at [email protected] or to the whole committee at [email protected] and we will take a look at your suggestions. No promises on any one idea becoming an official rule but we will look at it.

Slow fingers here, after I posted I read Bunny's ^^^^^ post. Yes, any changes that a committee passes goes before the BoD for approval / denial.
Judge Number 6 competition BBQ team

Possibly the only judge ever to get an award from a bunch of cooks

UDS 075 UCB WSM and a bunch of other stuff.
Rookie'48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 03-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie'48 View Post
The Rep advisories are being looked at, along with the Rules themselves, by the Rules Committee. Our goal on this Committee is to consolidate and simplify each Rule / Advisory.
If any of you have any constructive suggestions for our committee please send them either to me at [email protected] or to the whole committee at [email protected] and we will take a look at your suggestions. No promises on any one idea becoming an official rule but we will look at it.

Slow fingers here, after I posted I read Bunny's ^^^^^ post. Yes, any changes that a committee passes goes before the BoD for approval / denial.
Suggestion

G E T R I D O F P O R K P A R T I N G R U L E
Old 03-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #10
Bunny
Full Fledged Farker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledneck View Post
Suggestion

G E T R I D O F P O R K P A R T I N G R U L E
I've been fighting that since it began, so Amen, brother, to you on that one.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:03 AM   #11
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

So then it can just be a pork chop contest? I think that would be a huge mistake.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #12
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Ray, it is to allow parting pork. It won't allow different cuts of meat. I guess if you wanna slice a butt into pork steak, that's fine if you have the ability to do so at a comp. No idea why anyone would want to do that though.
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #13
arlieque
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
Rep Committee has worked on it but it has to go through the BOD for approval.
there are at least 3 that the bod has approved and never sent out. One of them is 6 months old. The other two are 4 months old.

Organizing BBQ Contests Coast to Coast

www.arliequeevents.com
arlieque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #14
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Ray, it is to allow parting pork. It won't allow different cuts of meat. I guess if you wanna slice a butt into pork steak, that's fine if you have the ability to do so at a comp. No idea why anyone would want to do that though.
Have you possibly considered that a pork tenderloin can be trimmed in such a was as to resemble the "money muscle". If parting is allowed, there is nothing that would prevent this or be detectable by the reps or judges, so it would become a pulled and chunked pork butt with sliced pork tenderloin contest.
Smoke'n Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 03-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #15
roksmith
is one Smokin' Farker

I don't mind the parting rule, and wouldn't mind it going a bit further. Make the entire turn in box come from a single piece of meat/slab of ribs. Other than chicken of course.
In fact if you really wanted to turn this into a skills competition, allow only a single butt, a single brisket and a single slab of ribs to be cooked. Now.. you are testing the abilities of the pitmaster.
It takes much more skill to produce suitable turn in quality meat when you only have one shot at it.