Thermoworks RT301WA vs RT600C

I've used an RT600C, great for the price, and I prefer it's shape over the RT301WA.

I have the RT301WA, but rarely use it since I got a Thermapen. It takes a funky battery that required a screwdriver to replace, and the original battery didn't seem to last very long.

The RT301WA looks pretty nice at that price. I have the RT600c and love it, but I think I like the fact that the 301 has its face perpendicular to the thermo probe (easier to read) and also that it shuts itself off automatically. If I was in the market for a thermo, I would probably buy the 301 myself.

I still don't get the whole deal about the Thermapens, but maybe some day I will...

The RT301WA looks pretty nice at that price. I have the RT600c and love it, but I think I like the fact that the 301 has its face perpendicular to the thermo probe (easier to read) and also that it shuts itself off automatically. If I was in the market for a thermo, I would probably buy the 301 myself.

I still don't get the whole deal about the Thermapens, but maybe some day I will...

I thought the opposite about the perpendicular face, because I am typically sticking the probe in horizontally...not vertically.

I have the 301 and I like it. It comes with a spare battery. As far as the orientation on the face, I like it as I am 6'2" and all of the meat that I am probing is usually well below that! :biggrin1::biggrin1:

Just got a 600c last week and love it! Came with a spare battery too.

Awesome, I just ordered one too. From the reviews I read, you can't go wrong with either.

Back