Almond Wood pros vs cons

S

Spoony

Can I get some info on Almond wood I just got a bag of logs not sure if I like it yet found it at Bevmo made by laazars.

Hey Spoony, I use it all the time! I love it! People say it's very similar to pecan. I use it on almost everything.

Cheers

I have never had access to almond, but would love to try it. Most nut woods are excellent for smoking.

Last edited:
I haven't used it myself, but I went to a dinner where part of the meal was Berkshire pork shoulder smoked with almond wood and it was fanfarkingtastic. I think you'll love it.

Grew up on 20 acres of almonds. We used it for campfires and I now use it for cooking. Wonderful stuff, although splitting it can be difficult.

Matt

I have an entire woodshed full of it and it works great. As stated, it can be hard to split. Dunno how the BTU output compares to hickory or mesquite but it seems to run my offset well without having to re fuel constantly.

Superdan it seem to burn real hot and long it put out a different aroma kinda perfume but kept temp high for hours.

I got a bag of that stuff too. Nice clean logs and decent price.
I used a saw to cut the logs in thirds and they split very cleanly.
I'm a fan of the smoke, mild smell slightly sweet.
I use small chunks in my egg with whatever smoke wood I'm using and I use big chunks in my offset usually mixed with oak.

Back