Recipe request

HA! Cornbread is on a whole different level – fightin words!!!!!!

I grew up on the Alabama coast so most of the State north of 1-65 considered us Yankees. My father when he went on business trips to Atlanta used to bring home tubs of stone ground grits from a mill right at the GA / SC line.

Man was that good eatin.

Guess that makes you from West LA then.:biggrin1:

Man. Fresh ground, had to be good.

My most humble apologies then. :icon_blush: I saw bag and immediately thought packet seeing as how you were a leftie and all...:becky:

Do instant grits come in a pouch like instant oatmeal? Also, how'd you know I was lefthanded?

HA! Cornbread is on a whole different level – fightin words!!!!!!

I grew up on the Alabama coast so most of the State north of 1-65 considered us Yankees. My father when he went on business trips to Atlanta used to bring home tubs of stone ground grits from a mill right at the GA / SC line.

Man was that good eatin.

I'm guessing you are talking about the old mill that used to be right off I-85 in Hart County Ga. It was located on the side of a large creek named Shoal Creek. It's been gone for many years but I remember it well.

Cack adds cream to his grits, he is clearly a Yankee.

For the record, a little cream added to grits or polenta makes them so much smoother.

For the record, Cack's FIANCEE adds cream to the grits. She's the grit maker in the house. If I attempted them they'd turn out tasting like a Yank made them :faint2:

Cack adds cream to his grits, he is clearly a Yankee.

For the record, a little cream added to grits or polenta makes them so much smoother.

That's why you put butter in them. Cream. Why I oughtta...farkin' Bay Area...no, um. Wait. I'm half first generation Bay Area transplant. Hmmmmm...

Last edited:
Anyone ever use magic grits

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZkbtP-t_D8"]MVI_2713.AVI - YouTube[/ame]

I'm guessing you are talking about the old mill that used to be right off I-85 in Hart County Ga. It was located on the side of a large creek named Shoal Creek. It's been gone for many years but I remember it well.

I was too young to remember but that sounds like it - we have family all over between Atlanta and Greenville - most living in Okonee County, SC. We get together every once and awhile at Lake Lainer ... when it has enough water.

Hey brethren,

I have a recipe request. My wife is a huge lover of shrimp and grits. We use to go to a new orleans style restaurant by us that made a very simple down home version of shrimp and grits. That place closed up though about 3 years ago. Ever since then we have been trying to find a replacement restaurant, but none have even come close. Lots of the restaurants today mess with the classic shrimp and grits and it just tastes F'd up. So now I've taken it upon myself to make my wife her favorite meal for her birthday (2/23). I call out to you all for any KISS recipes that you may know for shrimp and grits.

A huge thank you in advance.
From one of my One favorite Chefs:
http://www.jfolse.com/recipes/seafood/shrimp03.htm

Chuck Taggart is another favorite resource of mine. Chuck was one of the first Cajun / Creole resources on the web. From his site Gumbopages:
http://www.gumbopages.com/food/seafood/crooks-shrimpgrits.html
Hope this helps.
:-D

Back