What are you paying for tri tip?

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Of course it depends on which part of the Country but just to get an idea.

I stopped buying it because it was costing an astounding 8-9 dollar per lb. I just found it today for 3.75 but i have to order it but it comes in the next day... no big deal. That seems like a great price especially from what i'm used to but want to compare.

Too much! I think $4-5/lb at best. It reminds me of when flank steak was really inexpensive until Fajitas became popular. :rolleyes:

If I buy 4 to a pack untrimmed, it is about $2.99-$3.50. Trimmed is more like $3.99-$5.99. I wait till they are on sale trimmed and buy 4 or 5.

I paid $5.99 a few weeks ago. Cooked two in a weeks time, as it is few and far between.

All over the map. Everything from $3 a pound to a lot more, but, that was for Wagyu.

If I buy 4 to a pack untrimmed, it is about $2.99-$3.50. Trimmed is more like $3.99-$5.99. I wait till they are on sale trimmed and buy 4 or 5.
That gives me a good idea, thanks marty. I believe these i found are trimmed so i feel its a pretty good deal.

Still amazes me how hard it is to find tri's in certain parts of the Country. Here in the MidWest they just don't do it... Like my butcher says its not a "recipe" we do here, it's a West Coast thing.

I've never understood why tri tips always cost so much less in CA. Do people not like beef out there? lol :p

$2.80 for select and $3.05 for choice. Trimmed is slightly more, I never buy it so I only glance at prices while grabbing the other.

3.99 when on sale. 5.99 regular price here in San Berdoo , CA. Stater Bros Markets.

$2.80 for select and $3.05 for choice. Trimmed is slightly more, I never buy it so I only glance at prices while grabbing the other.
Yea you guys out in Bend Oregon make me sick on how much you get tri's for! :razz: It's just not right...not right.:blah:

What the heck is it with Bend Oregon and Tri tips?? LOL

8.99/lb for prime and 13.99/lb for wagyu iirc. Trimmed that is.

I order from Rest depot...angus 3 30 for choice....579 for prime....I like the chioce better, the prime has a different flavor too much marbling

Back