• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Some recent Small & Mini BGE cooking

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I was curious to see how much meat I could fit on my Mini BGE so I crammed a 5 lb bone-in shoulder into it. I needed the help of a couple of silicone bands to help squeeze it in:

IMG_0909.jpg

The dome thermometer had to be pulled out some to keep it from skewering the pork upon closing the dome:

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0918i.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

The butt went to my fantasy football draft where I forgot to take a photo of it until the draft was over and it had sat drying a bit in a chafer:

IMG_0925.jpg

For the Small Egg I found this nice looking tri-tip:

IMG_2681.jpg

Rubbed with Rub Co Original & Santa Maria and cooked indirect with red oak smoke wood until IT hit about 115:

IMG_2686.jpg

Then seared on all sides:

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

And sliced:

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Aw man, that's a beautiful tri-tip right there. At least I don't know what I'm missing. Nice eggsecution. :thumb:

It cracks me up when I see these cooks on these tiny little eggs. I'm surprised you don't cut off all the air circulation it's so crammed. I keep expecting to see you using bungie cords on the outside of the egg to hold the lid closed and doing a hybrid BBQ-pressure cook at the same time! :laugh:

Food looks great, as always, BTW.

Thanks all for the compliments!

Great cooks John... I REALLY like the tri tip. That is perfectly done!*

I'd be curious to learn more about the silicone bands...

Mongo, the bands are great for using in place of cooking twine. They're food safe & can handle up to 600 degrees. The product [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Architec-Stretch-Cooking-Package-Assorted/dp/B000RODBZK"]here[/ame] looks like what we have (our packaging was thrown out long ago so I don't remember the brand).

It cracks me up when I see these cooks on these tiny little eggs. I'm surprised you don't cut off all the air circulation it's so crammed. I keep expecting to see you using bungie cords on the outside of the egg to hold the lid closed and doing a hybrid BBQ-pressure cook at the same time! :laugh:

Food looks great, as always, BTW.

Hmm, I need to buy some cords and try that! :becky:

Thx Gore!

Wow, nice job. I have done pork butts on my small, but never the mini. It's my little BBQ microwave, I guess I need to rethink the L&S aspect.

When are you going to be allowed to buy some full sized smokers? :blabla:

Nice cooks John

Back