Char Dogs

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Had a taste for Chicago hot dogs tonight, but didn't want boiled or steamed dogs. So I got all the stuff, all beef dog, green relish, yellow mustard, onions, tomatoes, hot sport peppers, dill pickle spears, buns, and celery salt. Couldn't find Vienna sausage or the poppy seed buns, but what I got was outstanding. I used Klement's original Chicago Hot Dogs, so they must be closer than anything made in Vienna.......:twitch: The Char Dog is grilled. You split the ends so they flair out during cooking. Only two Pron shots but I think this describes the meal.

My first two
102_1829.jpg

And number three......Burp

Last edited:
Ironic or not: I won't slather margarine on my spare ribs, but I'll eat these . . . . just once a year . . . . maybe :mrgreen:

Hebrew Natl. Almost getting that "char on".

Last edited:
They look AWESOME!! I don't know what it is about a dog but I have a hard time holding back, at least the good ones! The governor is set to 3 dogs but I could eat a lot more if I wanted to... Cheers!!!

Vienna sausages? They don't carry Armor products in Fond Du Lac?:becky:

I'd hit those though!!!
I so want to try the glow in the dark green relish. What's the traditional Chicago brand?

Oh well. Not for sale anywhere here. There IS a Chicago style pizza joint in Horn Lake that has the Vienna brand hotdogs on the menu, according to the where to buy search, but I ain't driving 30 miles for a wiener...:rolleyes:

Oh well. Not for sale anywhere here. There IS a Chicago style pizza joint in Horn Lake that has the Vienna brand hotdogs on the menu, according to the where to buy search, but I ain't driving 30 miles for a wiener...:rolleyes:

How bout a walk to the mailbox...........Now if I only had some personal information..............:becky:

I used to live about a block from Weiner's Circle, famous for Chicago style hot dogs (among other things) and these look pretty darn close to theirs. Nice job!

[ame]http://youtu.be/33zPlnhymCU[/ame]

Back