MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #1
shawnmcchesney12
On the road to being a farker

Default pitmaster iq 110 on uds

Hello all just picked up my new uds and a pitmaster iq 110 controller. I was looking for advice with something. My question is how should I run my uds with the pitmaster operating? Do I need to leave all my air intakes closed or open. I havent played around yet just trying to get some tips and tricks from the bbq gods here. Thanks in advance
shawnmcchesney12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #2
grantw
is One Chatty Farker

your pitmaster is your intake, so you would just have that one open and run the exaust accordingly, the fire should go out or almost out if you were too unplug the controller.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #3
Fwismoker
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yea close all the intakes and hook the IQ up to a ball valve. They have 3/4 and 1 inch adapters, hopefully you have one.

Visit [COLOR="Red"]OctoForks[/COLOR] in Sales & Ventures

Website & Blog: [url]www.octoforks.com[/url]
Fwismoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #4
jeffturnerjr
is One Chatty Farker

^^^^^what he said

Old 09-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
shawnmcchesney12

Sounds great thanks for the input

Old 09-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
shawnmcchesney12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwismoker View Post
Yea close all the intakes and hook the IQ up to a ball valve. They have 3/4 and 1 inch adapters, hopefully you have one.
Yep sure do it has the 1 inch adapter just have to adapt it to my uds with 3/4 piping

Old 09-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #7
Fwismoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmcchesney12 View Post
Yep sure do it has the 1 inch adapter just have to adapt it to my uds with 3/4 piping
that'll work but they would have given you a 3/4 if you asked...no cost

Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #8
woodbutcher1
is one Smokin' Farker

Hey Shawn!
This is what i had to do had to my IQ-110 after my second overnight er. Had to get up for a nature's call and decided to take a quick look at my Maverick-732. I could not believe that my drum was sitting at 400*. The Red light on the IQ just blinking. The wind had shifted during the night and was gusting up to 25 mph.
Blowing air right through the openings of the unit. The fan never ran. Duct tape to the rescue . I left only 1 opening on the fans grill. Now when i use it, the fan has to do its job by working just a little harder and longer.

55 Gal. UDS
30 Gal. UDS
16 Gal. Mini. UDS
Maverick ET-732 & iQue - 110
woodbutcher1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
Fwismoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbutcher1 View Post
Hey Shawn!
This is what i had to do had to my IQ-110 after my second overnight er. Had to get up for a nature's call and decided to take a quick look at my Maverick-732. I could not believe that my drum was sitting at 400*. The Red light on the IQ just blinking. The wind had shifted during the night and was gusting up to 25 mph.
Blowing air right through the openings of the unit. The fan never ran. Duct tape to the rescue . I left only 1 opening on the fans grill. Now when i use it, the fan has to do its job by working just a little harder and longer.
Wood, build a rainbox for 10 bucks.

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #10
shawnmcchesney12

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbutcher1 View Post
Hey Shawn!
Thank you I will keep that in mind

Old 09-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #11
kwas68
is one Smokin' Farker

The above posters are right on the money. Keep all other intakes closed.

I will throw a caveat out there. I open another intake vent if I want to cook hot and fast (300°+). The fan alone can't sustain that temperature.

UDS's, Multiple Weber Grills
kwas68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwas68 View Post
The above posters are right on the money. Keep all other intakes closed.

I will throw a caveat out there. I open another intake vent if I want to cook hot and fast (300°+). The fan alone can't sustain that temperature.
I used my Pitmaster IQ110 saturday night to maintain 325 degrees with all my other inlets closed for 5 hours without any problems to do some ribs, fatty, chicken, and abts

Old 09-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #13
Fwismoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aawa View Post
I used my Pitmaster IQ110 saturday night to maintain 325 degrees with all my other inlets closed for 5 hours without any problems to do some ribs, fatty, chicken, and abts
I guess it depends on the chicken because it is just that sometimes chickens put out so much moisture it creates an evaporative cooling effect and it's hard for the fan to keep steady temps above 300.

Anything else it's not a problem the IQ will keep up just fine.

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #14
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
I guess it depends on the chicken because it is just that sometimes chickens put out so much moisture it creates an evaporative cooling effect and it's hard for the fan to keep steady temps above 300.

Anything else it's not a problem the IQ will keep up just fine.
probably, i only had 1 chicken on pit. Although had a couple racks of ribs, a couple of fatties.

Tags
pitmaster iq 110, temp controller, uds