Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Grillin and chillin Owensboro KY. 9-21/222

quarters69

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Who's all going this year. This will be our third year there. Terry puts on a great contest.

Kathy & I will be there Thursday afternoon late or early evening. Need to find out if we are having the Friday night potluck.

Phillip

I hope to get there Thursday evening depends on if we are picking grapes or not.

Phillip, when I talked to terry last, he said he's planning on it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cancel the cruise . . . rent a paddle wheel boat . . . paddle around the edge of the lake . . .carry some eat and drink with you . . .hey, same thing! Plus, you get to see me!

I will be rolling in early Friday morning. Looking forward to it everyone one was super nice last year. It was my 1st KCBS comp and I competed by myself as I will again this year. Terry and Phillip are some great people indeed!

Smokin' T's will be rolling in early Friday afternoon sometime. Hopefully no police following us in this year but we'll see what happens on the drive over. Not ruling out ANYTHING after last years experience but our wives have already made us promisethat we'll start out with plenty of gas in the tank. Always a great contest with Phillip and Kathy and Terry and Mary Jo and the Diamond Lake crew at the helm. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Safe travels to all.

Cancel the cruise . . . rent a paddle wheel boat . . . paddle around the edge of the lake . . .carry some eat and drink with you . . .hey, same thing! Plus, you get to see me!

I pitched the idea to my wife. No real verbal response. Her answer however was loud and clear. I'll see you all at next years comp.

Troy, can't wait to hear the next installment of "The Advenures of Tony & Troy"! Be hard to beat last year's, but if anyone can do it, you guys can!

Phillip,

I'm just loooking for an uneventful trip to the contest for ONCE this year. Benton, KY we cut a BRAND NEW tire on Tonys truck, drivers side back tire, in a one lane WORK ZONE. I've never seen a tire almost immediately shred like this one did or we may have tried to make it to the end of the work zone but we would have been riding on the rim. The open lane just happened to be the slow lane also so here we are changing a drivers side tire with trucks and cars literally about 3 feet from us laying on the ground working under the truck. NO FUN!!! Then last weekend at Cape Girardeau we had some electrical gremlin causing the battery light to flash (brand new battery) and the temp guage to show we were about to overheat (plenty of fluid). Either it was an electrical gremlin or Tony REALLY needs to get some work done on his truck, not sure which but I would bet on the gremlin because he takes care of his vehicles very well. So, Tony and I are just hoping we can make it to Owensboro in a nice peaceful manner, park the trailer, grab a cold beer and start cooking. We'll see what happens though, there's a lot of interstate between here and Owensboro that we have to make it across before we can pop that beer. But I promise you we're starting with full tanks of gas. See ya soon.

Troy

Any one know what a extra day at the campsite costs?

My site is $29 but all sites are not the same price. You can call give the head cooks name of the team and they will let you no.

270-229-4900

Owensboro is one of our favorites. Good luck to everyone! I hope we can get back there soon.

Back