MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
FatDaddy
is One Chatty Farker

Exclamation Brisket for 80 pricing??

Ok. So I was asked by my wife's office to cater brisket for 80 folks. He needs a receipt etc and I'm trying to come up with a price and breakdown etc. So meat only I cooked about 76lb which I figured to be about 50lb cooked. I delivered it about 30mi round trip and sliced on site. Here is my break down. Am I way off base? charging to much? to little? I want a fair price, but dont wanna gouge them either. let me know what ya think. Need to submit my receipt to him by Monday.

Brisket 50lb(cooked) x $8.25lb = 412.50
Delivery and set up = 30.00
Labor- 12.00 x 16hr = 192.00
Total = 634.50
This comes out to about 7.93 per person

Home made 5' reverse flow smoker
Lg BGE
WSM 18.5
WSM 22.5
Weber Kettle 22 1/2" silver series
Weber Copper Smokey Joe Gold 14.5"
GPS trackable RED super fast thermopen

http://www.facebook.com/jtempleton2

FatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 AM   #2
getyourrubonbbq
Take a breath!

Did you just do meat only? That's not a bad price per pound, here it's about $10-$11 per pound.
[URL="http://www.extremebbqtrailers.com"]www.extremebbqtrailers.com[/URL]
getyourrubonbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #3
FatDaddy
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by getyourrubonbbq View Post
Did you just do meat only?
yea.

Lg BGE
WSM 18.5
WSM 22.5

Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
txschutte
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Skip the labor cost, cooked meat is $12/lb. Not sure what gas costs in Falls, so $1/mile is about right.

I get $50/hr per person on a manned cook site, set up is included. Your dollar amount is close, but be carefuol how you break it down. Next time they may want ribs. Then they'll want to buy the meat and pay you an hourly rate to cook it.

Your profit margin comes from the cooking and sale of cooked food and service. If you wanted to work by the hour, you could work at McD's.

If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it.

Your beard is so stupid, it took two hours to watch 60 Minutes.
txschutte is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 06-25-2011, 08:57 AM   #5
FatDaddy
is One Chatty Farker

Ok so just put it down as cooked meat 12$ per pound then set up and delivery.. Hopefully that will work.

Lg BGE
WSM 18.5
WSM 22.5

Old 07-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
BigCountryBBQ
Found some matches.

I have never been able to get a 65% yield out of a packer brisket. If you are cookin packers...ya better put a couple more on the get 50 pounds of cooked meat IMHO. My yield is closer to 45 to 50% per pound unless your going to include a bunch of fat.
BigCountryBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
Cook
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jay

You may get answers, but you will not get accurate answers if no one knows what you are paying for your meat. Anything you get will otherwise be a guess at best.
Cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 07-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #8
mikerobes
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by txschutte View Post
Skip the labor cost, cooked meat is $12/lb. Not sure what gas costs in Falls, so $1/mile is about right.

I get $50/hr per person on a manned cook site, set up is included. Your dollar amount is close, but be carefuol how you break it down. Next time they may want ribs. Then they'll want to buy the meat and pay you an hourly rate to cook it.

Your profit margin comes from the cooking and sale of cooked food and service. If you wanted to work by the hour, you could work at McD's.
Is the 12.00 per pound for brisket, or would that be a fair price for cooked spares as well? How much more for baby backs?
mikerobes is offline   Reply With Quote