RVing with the Grocery Cart

You will probably relive that day many times before it becomes a distant memory. Your post and pictures are surely making the wait for mine pretty tough. Keep us updated on your new Shirley.

The wait is so hard. But it's a long distant memory as soon as you get the cooker. It's guaranteed to be the coolest thing you have ever owned!

It's gotten a little nastier since the other day. That 3/4" door can do some damage! Also, I have a burn in a straight line across 7 of my fingers.

FE17D9AC-4B2E-43C0-AF09-C0FF8E9EFB9F_zpsm5deafln.jpg

And yet... all I can think of is building another fire in that firebox and cooking another one of these briskets!!

11750969-230C-44BF-BC10-29A8163D5E93_zpsp1mmew7b.jpg

That burn proves you had a proper clean burning fire :biggrin1:

No doubt! This cooker runs hot and clean no matter what I do. I've never done any proper stick burning and I feel like a pro running this Shirley. Well, a clumsy pro.

The first real cook I did on the LSG Vertical Offset, I had some splits in the oven warming up before use. I opened up the firebox below it, moved things around a bit, then went to open the oven to grab out a split. No gloves. That heat escaping from the firebox had turned that "cool touch" handle to pretty damn hot real quick. Three in the morning and I am trying not to wake the neighbors. Ended up with a line of blisters "coiled" across my palm. I did that once. I don't care how cool that handle is, even if I haven't lit her up yet, I put gloves on.

A friend said it's kinda a ritual. A little burned flesh or some blood to bond with it. I just know it hurt.

Back