Some nicely marbled spares

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I picked a couple slabs of trimmed St Louis spares when I was at the grocery store the other day...normal price $5.99 :wacko: marked down to $2.99. I would've passed at that price, but they had some really really nice marbling and straight bones. The brand is Prairie Fresh Premium, I've not cooked these before, but am hoping for good results based on how they look. Had to roll the Shirley out of the garage again to work on some renovation projects, so I figured might as well fire it up and make dinner. Oakridge Dominator on the front slab, Oakridge Dominator + a healthy dose of HDD on the back.

Yeah brother! I love Praire Fresh. My local Sprouts used to carry them (all pork products) but they stopped. :sad: You'll love them.

The little "skirt" on the back that I trimmed off one of the slabs sure did make for a tasty cook's snack. A preview of things to come I hope.

The ribs just before I pulled em....HDD infused ribs on the front. The other slab was a little thinner and may be slightly "overcooked", but there's no KCBS judging today and I have a dirty secret....I prefer fall off the bone anyway. Oh the humanity :becky:

They look good from here, good price as well

I bought three racks yesterday of the same brand at my local HEB. On the Egg clone now. Yours look great, hope I can duplicate your results.

They turned out pretty good, went a shade long but I was busy doing other things so whatever. I would definitely buy this brand again (at the sale price) otherwise I'll stick with the pre trimmed Costco spares that are $2.99 every day. I could definitely tell I went heavier with the HDD, the spice was more prevalent this time but still well balanced with the Dominator rub.

Attachments

• 20180922_175235~2.jpg
    20180922_175235~2.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 20180922_174650~2.jpg
    20180922_174650~2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 143
Those look really nice. Good amount of meat on them. I'll buy this brand again too.

Ribs

Hi Nice looking ribs.What time , temps & wood did you use?
Thanks DanB

I have never tried that brand. They look to be very good quality ribs. I too like my ribs just a little over cooked. Nice smoke rind and bite.
Thanks for posting.

Hi Nice looking ribs.What time , temps & wood did you use?
Thanks DanB

Running between 275 and 300, hickory wood, pulled em about 4 hours in, probably could've done 3.5 instead for "competition bite". No wrap.

Back