New Performer - issue

DBBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I bought a new performer deluxe (Copper) from Lowes last night. (My old one is about shot) FInished putting it together, and the lid would not fit. Upon looking at it, the bottom bowl is well out of round. I was surprised as the box was not damaged and it was packed nicely. Anyone else have this issue? I called Weber, and I need to send them pics and all that. They will make it right I assume, or it will be returned assembled to Lowes.

/shrug. Let them fix it or give it a gentle hug opposite of the small diameter. What's the worst that could happen?

I should wish all my life problems were as simple as that.:grin:

Either way- good luck, friend.

I had a performer that was out of round too. I shaped it back carefully to avoid damaging the enamel. Even my new redhead is out of round a little bit but doesn't affect the cooking. Pretty common but Weber will make it right or you can exchange it if it's really bad.

Good luck!

Thanks, being it is an inch out of round, I will opt for Weber to send me one that is somewhat close.

Way too much. They'll take care of you no doubt.

I bought a new performer deluxe (Copper) from Lowes last night. (My old one is about shot) FInished putting it together, and the lid would not fit. Upon looking at it, the bottom bowl is well out of round. I was surprised as the box was not damaged and it was packed nicely. Anyone else have this issue? I called Weber, and I need to send them pics and all that. They will make it right I assume, or it will be returned assembled to Lowes.

That is abnormally out of round. If it were me, I would just return it to the store I bought it from, exchange it, open the box at the store and check to make sure everything is kosher before bringing it home. Providing the store is not 100 miles away of course.

I would just take it back to the store instead of jumping through hoops with weber .

Going through Weber, all you should have to do is send a couple of pics, then a few days later a new bowl will be delivered to your door. You will be able to keep the existing bowl as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I'm in the " fix the old one" camp, having just salvaged my first Weber.

Back to store. Fastest way. Weber will take care of you but do you want to wait?

Out of round on a new Weber is usually a manufacturer's defect, not a result of shipping damage. Take it back to Lowe's. Open the box on the new one and check to make sure the bowl AND the lid are round. I've fixed poorly cared for craigslist Webers that are out of round and it's quite easy, but there's no reason to try it on a new one.

Back to store. Fastest way. Weber will take care of you but do you want to wait?

Out of round on a new Weber is usually a manufacturer's defect, not a result of shipping damage. Take it back to Lowe's. Open the box on the new one and check to make sure the bowl AND the lid are round. I've fixed poorly cared for craigslist Webers that are out of round and it's quite easy, but there's no reason to try it on a new one.

The last time I got a replacement from Weber, it took a whole 2 days, as in, I talked to them on Monday afternoon, the item was delivered on Wednesday.

Personally, a much better way to go than re-boxing a Performer, lifting it into a vehicle, driving to a store, standing in line at Customer Service, going through their return process, getting another Performer off the rack, unboxing in store to inspect it, reboxing it, loading it on a cart, going back up to checkout, toting it out to your vehicle, loading it in vehicle, driving back home and unloading it from your vehicle.

An easier way is to make sure the lid is round, then take only the bowl back with your receipt and have them swap out only the bowl. I'm assuming Lowe's would do that.

Thanks for the replies. Weber emailed me that a new bottom bowl is on its way. Excellent Customer service.

Back