• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Used yoder kingman

Levergun

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Got a chance to get a 6 yr old kingman, standard unit no extras. Any issues to be aware of??? Thanks in advance!

OK, picked up thekingman....... hasn't been cooked in years, should I power wash it and re-season it, a good amount of residue still on grates and HMS plate from previous cooks.

I don't think I'd power wash it. Probably just run an empty cook and clean the grates.

Congratulations on the find. How is the firebox — does it look like ash was allowed to sit in there?

What sort of residue is in the CC? Is there anything rancid? If no, then I’d probably just steel wool any surface rust, grease those areas and burn a hot fire for a couple hours. If yes, then you might have to power wash some of that out but you could also just burn a fire and then steam wash it out to disinfect.

I'd power wash it and season it like a brand new cooker. It's probably not necessary to strip it all down but I would do it anyway. At the same time, you will learn how much fuel it takes to maintain temps at different levels instead of learning while you have expensive meat in it.

Firebox is in good shape, very clean, surface rust on exterior firebox, will just grapeseed oil it. Cook grate and HMS just typical cooking residue, just thought of it sitting there for that long, power wash it, but maybe just a hot fire and scrub it.

After getting the kingman home and cleaned out, discovered the propane log lighter is rusted out. Any one know if it is something I can change out myself....thanks
I realize I don't really need it but it is there and could come in handy.

Got a hold of yoder folks and they sending a new one. All good.

Got a hold of yoder folks and they sending a new one. All good.

I needed parts for a Yoder YS640 that I bought used. I got a "Welcome to the Yoder Family" and all the help I needed to get parts at a reasonable price.

Those guys are great to work with.

Back