Jack Daniel's recipe

Brian in So Cal

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Got this bottle of Jack Daniel's at a gift exchange at the Sunburst comp in December. After sharing with some of the other competiters I put the rest away for a rainy day.

jack020.jpg

Well today is a rainy day, so I took it out. After a shot or two:wink: I decided to ask the Brethren if they have any recipes for a BBQ sauce I can use it in.

Or maybe some other recipe. There is still about half the bottle left.

jack2033.jpg

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

I suggest you buy a cheaper whiskey for recipes. That there's sippin' whiskey.

I think I sipped my last one. Need to do something else with it. I promised someone!!:mrgreen: Teenagers in the house!!!

Last edited:
I make a couple different Jack & coke sauce, pretty simple.

1 c ketchup (or 3/4 c ketchup & 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard)
3/4 c Cocola
1/4 c Jack
1/4 c whatsdishere sauce
3 TB A-1 or similar steak sauce
1 tsp each granulated onion, granulated garlic, & black pepper

mix it all up, heat a while to blend flavors & thicken to desired consistency

If your friends are anything like mine, they will tell you it's the best ever as soon as they hear that there's Jack in it!

Here's one that I have used in the past.

Bourbon Basting Sauce

This recipe is good for ~ 10 lbs of ribs. It does keep in the fridge in an air tight container.

Ingredients:
2 Tbs.
oil
1.5 Cup
Finely chopped onion
6 Ea
Cloves of garlic (pressed or chopped fine)
¾ Cup
Bourbon
1.5 Cup
Water
¾ Cup
Teriyaki baste and glaze
¾ Cup
Frozen Pineapple Juice
6 Tbs.
Lemon Juice
3 Cups
Brown sugar

Directions:
1. Heat the oil, add onion and garlic; cook until onion starts to soften.
2. Add 1 Tbs. of bourbon, reduce heat to low; cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until the onion is tender.
3. Add all remaining ingredients except the bourbon; mix well, increase heat to medium and bring mixture to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20 to 30 minutes, stir frequently, it should have the consistency of a thick syrup.
5. Remove from heat, stir in remaining bourbon; let set.
6. Prepare ribs as desired and brush on at the end.

My favorite use for JD other than drinking of course is simply to mix it with some sweet baby ray's :wink:

What he said.
Try mixing it with some Sweet baby Rays (SBR).
one of my students turned me on to SBR

Chris

I believe this is the best sauce you can make with Jack Daniels. I always have some of this on hand because everyone loves it.
Phoenix Brand Championship Bbq Sauce Ingredients

1/2 Onion -- minced 4 Cloves garlic -- minced 3/4 c Whiskey 2 c Ketchup 1/3 c Vinegar 1/4 c Worcestershire sauce 1/2 c Brown sugar -- packed 3/4 c Molasses 1/2 ts Pepper 1/2 tb Salt 1/4 c Tomato paste 2 tb Liquid Barbecue Smoke -- 1/3 ts Hot sauce -- to taste To taste
Instructions for Phoenix Brand Championship Bbq Sauce

Combine onion, garlic and whiskey in a 3-quart saucepan. Saute until onion and garlic are translucent, about 10 min. Remove from heat and light mixture, flame for 20 seconds. Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to boil, then turn down mixture to a medium simmer. Simmer 20 min., stirring constantly. Run sauce through a medium strainer to remove onion and garlic bits if you prefer a smoother sauce. Makes 4 cups. This sauce get better with age so make it a day or two before use. Keep refrigerated Recipe By : File ftp://ftp.idiscover.co.uk/pub/food/mealmaster/recipes/mmdja006.zip

Spicy Sauce
1 Cup of Sweet Baby Ray's Original
1/4 Cup of Jack Daniels
2 Tablespoons of Cayenne Pepper

Sweet Sauce
Leave out the Cayenne

Simple and good!!!

If it wasn't such a nice umbrella I'd think it was a homeless guy who found a winning scratcher and was going to celebrate with his friends. :biggrin:
jack020.jpg

Hey Brian,

We know what kind of damage you can do to a bottle of Whiskey.....

IMG_1130.jpg

Not to Ruffle Feathers...But I am Compelled To Tell You All JD Ain't Bourbon...That's Tennessee Sippin' Whiskey, Nothing More, Nothing Less!!!!!....:biggrin:

And there IS a difference! I like to take it up a notch further to the Gentleman Jack, but that is just me.

Brian, I took that at Hesperia, about 1 AM Saturday morning. We were sitting with All Hogs and U wouldn't let go of the whiskey till it was all gone.....mumbling something about how it helps you time your brisket better, or something to that effect...whatever that was supposed to mean! :biggrin:

Back