• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bacon wrapped chicken breast?

mranum

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Thinking about making some basic bacon wrapped chicken boobs on the kettle today. Never done bacon wrapped anything before so would I do them direct or indirect? How hot to get the bacon fairly crisp in the end?

Did some searches and found some awesome looking stuff but I think they are bit out of my league. Besides I'd have to go shopping then and just don't want to do that today.

These are some of the chicken breast I made a while back, with bacon. I cooked them over indirect heat, for an internal temp. of 165 or so. Then you can finish it over the coals, to crisp up the bacon to your liking. The stuffing is also entirely up to you. Good luck!

Attachments

• PICT0014.jpg
    PICT0014.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 191
  • pict0017.jpg
    pict0017.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 190
  • PICT0020.jpg
    PICT0020.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 187
Well I know since no pics it must not have happened but in my mind.....they came out kinda tough. Too long on the fire. Indirect till 160 then seared the bacon direct. I know better next time.

I have cut boneless skinless breast into smaller pieces and wrapped them with good luck. I cooked indirect for an hour or so. I prefer to buy "chicken thigh meat" and wrap them with bacon---don't dry out and awesome flavor.

Well I know since no pics it must not have happened but in my mind.....they came out kinda tough. Too long on the fire. Indirect till 160 then seared the bacon direct. I know better next time.
I use Tender Quick to tenderize the chicken breast, for about 4 hours, prior to assembling and cooking or if I have time, I brine overnight. The stuffing also helps keep it moist and juicy.

Back