Looking for a new grill.

Diesel

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello all, Im in the market for a new grill because my 5 year old stainless is rotting away and the maker wont cover their 10 year firebox guarentee.
I have a budget of about $800 or less. Which brand should I be looking at leaving out Perfect flame!... I already have a UDS with a double drum in the works. Just want somthing thats going to perform well and last. It does not have to be stainless.

Diesel,
I would say it depends on what you want to do with it. Grill or Smoke or both.
I too have a perfect flame gasser that burst into flames and they would no anything. I waited until year end at Wally world and bought new burners and new gas line. It works fine now. Of course my firebox is still in one piece.

I am looking at a Weber One touch silver at Lowes. Price at $99, It can smoke but it is a great charcoal grill.

Let's see if some of the vets on here chime in...

Can't beat Weber gassers. They have the history and longevity to trust in their warranty.

Another vote for Weber. I just sold my gasser Genesis for $120 after using it for 10 years!!! Still cooked as good as day one.

I only sold it because I bought a Weber Performer and I didn't touch the gasser after that.

As far as I'm concerned Weber is the only brand of grill I will ever buy.

Can't beat Weber gassers. They have the history and longevity to trust in their warranty.
Weber Genesis all the way. Great grill, and my FIL's is over 10 years old. Heck, it is probably the only reasonable priced gasser that can properly do a steak pittsburg rare!

Drh7003, The gasser is going to be for the grill'n which I do 5 days a week even in the winter and the smoke'n is reserved for the weekends on the UDS which is working great.
I have been looking at the Genesis models but dont know them.

thanks for the replies thus far.

If you are looking for a charcoal grill, Weber OTG Kettle. Everyone knows that. :becky:

If you are looking for a Gasser, Weber Genesis or Summit. :thumb:

The Genesis and Summit gassers are made in USA, age well, and parts are easily available.

My dad has a Genesis that is ten years old, that stays outside under a cover in Houston. It still looks good, and works well.

BTW, I had a stainless gasser, a Charbroil Commercial, and the inner framework rusted out in three years, in farking Dallas. POS. Avoid Charbroil.

Drh7003, The gasser is going to be for the grill'n which I do 5 days a week even in the winter and the smoke'n is reserved for the weekends on the UDS which is working great.

I understand completely. I have a covered patio and grill 3-4 times a week. I prefer grilled to baked any day!

Ah, well, my dad doesn't use his everyday. You will probably have to replace the flavorizer bars from time-to-time, and burners will wear faster with heavy use, but the basic build of the Weber Genesis and Summit grills is good, so your grill won't fall apart before the burners need replacing.

My Charbroiler had solid brass burners, built into a framework that rusted out. You can replace burners, you cant replace the farking frame. :tsk:

If you keep your grills clean, you should do well with a Weber.

I got my Weber 22.5 kettle in 1995.

CD

My dad has a Genesis that is ten years old, that stays outside under a cover in Houston. It still looks good, and works well.

This is about as good a recommendation as you can get. In Houston pretty much everything turns into a pile of rust in 6 months. :cry:

If you are looking for a charcoal grill, Weber OTG Kettle. Everyone knows that. :becky:

If you are looking for a Gasser, Weber Genesis or Summit. :thumb:

The Genesis and Summit gassers are made in USA, age well, and parts are easily available.

BTW, I had a stainless gasser, a Charbroil Commercial, and the inner framework rusted out in three years, in farking Dallas. POS. Avoid Charbroil.

+1 on this too...

I have a Weber Genesis that I've had for about ten years and it doesn't skip a beat. I haven't had to replace anything yet, including the ignitor. Our temps here range from 10 below in the winter to over 100 in the summer. It's served me well. :thumb:

I picked up a 10 year old Weber Genesis Silver C off Craig's List for $75. A little extra scratch spent on Amazon to get SS grates, flavorizer bars, burners, etc... and a new ignitor, I have a gasser that will last the rest of my life. Of course, I use it once or twice a year because I prefer charcoal, but a guy has to have a gasser, right?

Way out of budget but I say Grandhall but I'm biased. :D
http://www.grandhall.com/home.aspx

There is a wider range but I like cooking on this guy here...
Odeon 32" Crossray SS
Price: $1,599.00

• Description
  • Features
  • Specs
  • Futuristic & meticulous in design, the Odeon features patented Crossray® burners for superior cooking performance and heat control along with restaurant-style searing. The four Crossray® infrared burners provide an even, consistent heat while using up to 50% less fuel than traditional burner systems. Plus, the new Odeon offers complete stainless steel construction at an unbeatable price.

http://www.bbqgalore.com/

My favorite is the X series..
cabecera-004.jpg

Grandhall X-Series 2 Barbecue design by Porsche Design Studio
Spain and Portugal´s largest online supplier of quality garden, patio furniture and barbecues. Grandhall X-Series island barbecue is a stylish yet user friendly outdoor kitchen, and is perfect for large scale entertaining and outdoor living.

heheheh, Maybe when the kids are grown or when I payoff the Hummer h3. Thats a sharp grill.

Way out of budget but I say Grandhall but I'm biased. :D
http://www.grandhall.com/home.aspx

There is a wider range but I like cooking on this guy here...
Odeon 32" Crossray SS
Price: $1,599.00

• Description
  • Features
  • Specs
  • Futuristic & meticulous in design, the Odeon features patented Crossray® burners for superior cooking performance and heat control along with restaurant-style searing. The four Crossray® infrared burners provide an even, consistent heat while using up to 50% less fuel than traditional burner systems. Plus, the new Odeon offers complete stainless steel construction at an unbeatable price.
http://www.bbqgalore.com/

My favorite is the X series..
cabecera-004.jpg

Grandhall X-Series 2 Barbecue design by Porsche Design Studio
Spain and Portugal´s largest online supplier of quality garden, patio furniture and barbecues. Grandhall X-Series island barbecue is a stylish yet user friendly outdoor kitchen, and is perfect for large scale entertaining and outdoor living.

Cast Aluminum Portable Kitchen Grill. Won't rust or burn out. Lasts over a lifetime.

http://pkgrills.com/

They're made here in Little Rock, so I'm a bit biased. But I love my PK grill.

Another option for a grill that can be ready to cook in a short time is a pellet grill. there are several within your price range including Traeger, Green Mountain Grills, Country Smokers/Lousiana. They can be hot and ready to go like a gasser but burn wood pellets so you get better flavor.

Cast Aluminum Portable Kitchen Grill. Won't rust or burn out. Lasts over a lifetime.

http://pkgrills.com/

They're made here in Little Rock, so I'm a bit biased. But I love my PK grill.

Thats a great looking grill too but, Im looking for a gasser. My UDS takes care of my smoking needs and I also have a dual drum smoker in the works.

Thats a great looking grill too but, Im looking for a gasser. My UDS takes care of my smoking needs and I also have a dual drum smoker in the works.

So, you want a gasser. Has anyone mentioned Weber, yet?

CD :becky:

Back