MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 09-23-2006, 09:55 PM   #46
rbsnwngs
is One Chatty Farker

you all need to spend more time there
yes boys and girls i am home for the first time in almost 2 weeks before midnight.
Vinny i am always there
we are open till 10 every night but Friday there is a miss print on the menu
Phil did bring beer and thats almost gone anyone who wants to hang out and try to listen the game on the radio is more then welcome

WILLIE PALOOOOZA 2017 Will Happen
http://williepallooza.blogspot.com/
www.williebsbbq.com
38th IS ALMOST LIKE WINNING
rbsnwngs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #47
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsnwngs
you all need to spend more time there
been almost a week i miss you
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:50 PM   #48
MilitantSquatter

Went down to Willie B's today for a few hours....Brought Will a present to hang on his BBQ Wall..his very own official 8" x 10" photo in frame of Bad Bones BBQ Crew team logo with personalized inscription... Maybe not as good as a case of beer, but it's better than a picture of Chevy Chase...

Rich(djmarko) was already hangin out in the back watching Willie and his team fill orders... We ate some ribs, sliced steak and fries...

Rich and I also got to watch Will manage his staff... " Remember... A.B.C." - "Always Be Cleaning". "If you're done cleaning and there's nothing else to do...clean again"...

After BS'ing for a while Rich and I took some food back home before we left (Yes...we paid !!!)... I got the Special... A Spicy BBQ Sandwich (mix of pulled pork & chicken) with some BBQ beans, garlic (and onion - at least for this day) mashed potatoes, baked cinnamon apples and some babybacks (dry with a dusting of his Bourbon Rub on top).. Will gave me some Carolina Vinegar sauce that he had made to try on the side with the ribs.. Everything was really good.

There was a customer at the counter as we were leaving. Will was up front too and asks "Is this your first time here ?"... The guys reply..."No, about my fourth".... A good sign for a place open less than two weeks.
XL BGE (#2) & Performer Platinum

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
MilitantSquatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:37 PM   #49
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

Oh man, someone has been there four times since he opened? I've only made it three times!

And when you're there, don't forget to buy some of Will's famous rubs. That way when you can't get there, you can close your eyes and make believe that you are. Bought my family's dinner there Saturday night, and Sunday smoked some baby backs on the WSM using Willie B's Bourbon Rub.

Weber Genesis Silver x 2
Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Performer x 2
Weber Smokey Joe
Bottle of Absolut
Bottle of Beer
Everything Ripken, "Cards and Que. One tastes of cardboard, the other sweet blue." ©
timzcardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #50
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

We need a location in Dallas, because I'm tired of reading about how great this place is that takes me half a day to fly to!

Congrats again to Willie B. on living the dream!

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:54 AM   #51
rbsnwngs
is One Chatty Farker

coming soon 2nd location of Willie B's TX
a small fee and its yours

WILLIE PALOOOOZA 2017 Will Happen
http://williepallooza.blogspot.com/
www.williebsbbq.com
38th IS ALMOST LIKE WINNING
rbsnwngs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 08:22 AM   #52
Smoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsnwngs
coming soon 2nd location of Willie B's TX
a small fee and its yours

Does it come with the skinny girls Will?????
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #53
MilitantSquatter

Wait... there is a Willie B's BBQ in TX !!!!

Willie B's Barbeque

114 E Loeb St., Edinburg, TX 78539
  • Cuisines: Barbecue
  • Tel: 956.318.1373
  • Fax: (956) 318-1373

Former owner: Jambo Backyard, Klose BYC, Lonestar Vertical offset w/ Insulated Firebox, Medium Spicewine, Pitts & Spitts, XL BGE (#1) & (2) Medium BGE's, 22" WSM & (2) 18" WSM's, 18" & 22" Weber Kettles
Old 09-25-2006, 05:28 PM   #54
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

hmmmmmm

Willy is Inc. and TM..

that means all proceeds go to him. :)

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:33 PM   #55
barfly
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter
Rich and I also got to watch Will manage his staff... " Remember... A.B.C." - "Always Be Cleaning". "If you're done cleaning and there's nothing else to do...clean again"...
And his other favorite....GTCAB, or, GET THE COOK A(NOTHER) BEER!, Course, this is after the dinner rush, <grin>
22 in. weber kettle
Large BGE
barfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #56
MilitantSquatter

Willie,

You better put this guy in his place !!!

Google search shows he's got a second restaurant... (found em yesterday when trying to show a friend your website.. I forgot your website ends with bbq... It took me to Willie B's Tex-Mex BBQ Sauce and Salsa company.. http://www.williebs.com/

I then went to Google to get your website and found this too with the one above ...)

Willie B's Barbeque No 2

114 E Loeb St
Edinburg, TX 78541

Contact Willie B's Barbeque No 2Phone:(956) 318-1373

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 09-25-2006 at 09:26 PM..
Old 09-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #57
The_Kapn
Moderator Emeritus

Name/Nickname : Tim

Now, this is getting interesting.

Need to order some of this--Sounds YUMMY

TIM
Attached Images
File Type: jpg willie_b_s_BQ_Sauce2-242x327.jpg (14.4 KB, 128 views)
Old 09-25-2006, 07:36 PM   #58
Sawdustguy
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Spank that bad Boy, Willy, buy him out!

Stupidity for Dummies

…because sometimes, you just can’t dumb it down enough…
Sawdustguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:41 PM   #59
MilitantSquatter

Stopped in to Willie's around 8 PM tonight on my way home from an appt. .... Picked up a Pulled Chicken Sandwich w/ BBQ beans and fries....

Real good...just like the other stuff.. He's had a small BBQ army working there tonight..

Three girls at the front counter, two or three assistants helping to cook not including himself, a cleanup guy and a delivery driver... And half of these people were not the same as the one's working last Sunday when djmarko and I were there..

Willie also told me about a big catering job he did yesterday for a breast cancer fundraiser...
I forgot all the other stuff he said he cooked, but I do recall him saying they cooked something like 600 sausages (300 hot/300 sweet)....

PS - The autographed Bad Bones BBQ Crew logo photo received a perfect spot on the wall...

Last edited by MilitantSquatter; 10-02-2006 at 10:27 PM..
Old 10-03-2006, 07:03 PM   #60
barfly
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitantSquatter
Willie also told me about a big catering job he did yesterday for a breast cancer fundraiser...
I forgot all the other stuff he said he cooked, but I do recall him saying they cooked something like 600 sausages (300 hot/300 sweet)....

PS - The autographed Bad Bones BBQ Crew logo photo received a perfect spot on the wall...
Vinny it seemed more like 6,000 sausages when we were slicing them, lol.. Will also had pulled pork, bbq'd chicken, ribs and we attempted some beef ribs that the resturant hosting the event started and gave to us to finish. A great time was had by all, the lines were long and the beer cold.
22 in. weber kettle
Large BGE
barfly is offline   Reply With Quote