• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What local brews are you into?

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score

Just had this one today. Very popular local beer. What local brewery's do you like? Pron please.

Well, we have Drake's Brewing in town, about a mile from here, that is very good. We also are the new home, coming soon, of 21st Amendment, which makes a few great ales. I really like the Watermelon for summer and Monks Blood for winter. If I leave town for a few miles, the options go nuts.

On Man, don't get me started on Brews. Lots of them in So Cal. Stone Enjoy By. Ballast Point's Sculpin is one of my favs and I can get it on a regular basis, but even better is the Habanero Sculpin that they make limited quantities of. Previously, they never bottled the habanero Sculpin but they will be soon.

On a nice warm day when I am enjoying a beer out back with the wife we like Garage Brewery's Mango Hefeweizen which is local to where I live. Sorry no Pron.

On Man, don't get me started on Brews. Lots of them in So Cal. Stone Enjoy By. Ballast Point's Sculpin is one of my favs and I can get it on a regular basis, but even better is the Habanero Sculpin that they make limited quantities of. Previously, they never bottled the habanero Sculpin but they will be soon.

On a nice warm day when I am enjoying a beer out back with the wife we like Garage Brewery's Mango Hefeweizen which is local to where I live. Sorry no Pron.

Ohhhhhh yeah my wife and I just did the Temecula Brewery run for our anniversary. Temecula has some really good breweries (Black Market is my favorite) and the best part is that they are all close to each other. I would think its impossible to do all of San Diego's in a lifetime so much good beer down here! Best part for me is I live across the street from one called Thompson's which is by far the best beer in Riverside.

Almost forgot if you want to see pictures and have an instagram my wife has one just for craft beer she always gets her hand on some good stuff. Check her out her instagrams name is brewgal

10171162_708092449247758_327962250_n.jpg

This is a roasted habanero wheat beer from a local brewery called Bad Brewing. Being in Michigan there is no lack of good local brews

Ohhhhhh yeah my wife and I just did the Temecula Brewery run for our anniversary. Temecula has some really good breweries (Black Market is my favorite) and the best part is that they are all close to each other. I would think its impossible to do all of San Diego's in a lifetime so much good beer down here! Best part for me is I live across the street from one called Thompson's which is by far the best beer in Riverside.
Yes Temecula has been getting some great ones. So many down in SD it is ridiculous. We did Saint Archer last month and it was good. Thanks for the tip on Thompson's. I will have to check it out.

I will be stopping by the local brewery & winery Kuhnhunns (spell check) this weekend. I've drove by it for over five years now. Several times over the summer they do bbq by the Detroit Bbq Company. Parks his offset trailer in front, they always draw a good crowd.

I brew my own but really like the seasonals from dogfish head right now Aprihop. When I got to Richmond i stop in legends and Mekong. On tap in my keezer is a chinook ipa, brown ale, cream ale.

At the top of the list, "Little Creatures-Pale Ale.
It ranked"The best lager in the world" so it has to be first.
We get loads of European and Asian tourists flocking to the brewery too.

Next I would list Indie White Cap

Duckestein Hefeweiss

Feral White

Colonial Porter

Matilda Bay Redback

Ironbark Mango

Elizabethan's Crystal

Indie Big Red

S&A's Beetroot Lager

Hope y'all get to try them someday, at my place of course.

Sadly, the best local stuff to me is the stuff I brew.

I can get some good local-ish beers from LA, but from MS, choices are slim.

I don't really like Lazy Magnolia beers, but I'm probably in the minority on that.

10171162_708092449247758_327962250_n.jpg

This is a roasted habanero wheat beer from a local brewery called Bad Brewing. Being in Michigan there is no lack of good local brews

That sounds good. My Brother lives in Michigan and I finally have him trying local brews besides the crap he normally drinks. I will have to see if he can find this.

That sounds good. My Brother lives in Michigan and I finally have him trying local brews besides the crap he normally drinks. I will have to see if he can find this.

Its fantastic. This brewery is small, they don't do any bottling yet. But he has to do founders,bells, arcadia, darkhorse, shorts. Like I said there is no shortage around here

This is an all time favorite and always available from my fridge

founders-dirty-bastard.jpg

Anything real local would be most beers from Holy City, Westbrook, and Coast with Westbrook's Gose or Mexican Cake as my all time favs. Otherwise, Highland Brewing Gaelic Ale or Terrapin Oaked Hoppy Monster but there are sooo many.......:becky:

Too many good ones around here to mention. All the seasonals seems to be changing right now so it's a good time to explore. That habanero wheat sounds interesting.

Well, I know it sounds tired but San Diego and North County San Diego in particular is filthy with really good breweries.
Stone, Ballast Point, Rip Current, Lost Abbey, Stumble Foot.
Really too many to list but these are some of my favorites.

Well, I know it sounds tired but San Diego and North County San Diego in particular is filthy with really good breweries.
Stone, Ballast Point, Rip Current, Lost Abbey, Stumble Foot.
Really too many to list but these are some of my favorites.

I'm as much of a beer junkie as I am a BBQ junkie so no it does not sound tired to hear about SD breweries. I only wish I had the wherewithal to do a proper San Diego brewery crawl - heck, start in San Diego and do a brewery crawl all the way back to SC!!!

Back