Treager Heat problem

K

KStatefan

I have a Treager 070 and it just started not heating up fully. It will only get to about 320 degrees. Has anyone else had this problem. I have a digital thermostat installed on it.

Are you using differnt pellets by chance? Some heat hotter than others. Also make sure the holes around the firepot aren't clogged b/c perhaps airflow is a problem. If neither of those are the problem, it's either the auger or the digital controller. That pretty much exhausts all the possible problems.

I am using the same pellets that I have been using. Does the controller control the RPM of the auger or just on and off?

The controller does not control RPM, just on and off. The only advice I have is to make sure the firepot is totally cleaned out.

Also make sure the holes around the firepot aren't clogged b/c perhaps airflow is a problem. If neither of those are the problem, it's either the auger or the digital controller. That pretty much exhausts all the possible problems.

Airflow would be my first thought also.
Vacumn the firepot well and make sure the air holes are not blocked.

I just hope it is something simple when ya get it figured out.
Traeger service is fine, if not great.

Good luck.

TIM

Time your auger. Mark a spot then let it rotate around to the same spot. Should take about 37 sec. If too slow then get a new motor.

Also you can replace the thermostat rod inside your grill had one that was so dirty it wasn't reading correctly.

Pellets is a good call. Might try a new bag. I wouldn't use any pellets that haven't been stored indoors. They might look good but they are not.

I am a dealer on these and all three problem have occurred and resulted in lower temps

troy

Back